Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radar Detectors

Default Re: Radar Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    Do you guys have any stealthy way of mounting it? Pics please?
    Hardwired is the way to go.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

I have a V1 mounted on the passenger side sun visor. Used the foam packing in the V1 box to shim the visor to level. Cord is hidden in the A-pillar trim, and I use a remote display down by the power outlet on the console. Just having the LED display not lighting up on the unit helps disguise it, particularly at night, but if the officer is at your window asking for your license he/she will know exactly what it is. That said, I have 3 1/2 years with the V1 and no problems. Plus, the band, # of signals, direction, and signal strength indicator features all increase your situational awareness. If you search V1 on EvoM you will find a very stealthy install with the remote display mounted in the dash clock spot and the V1 unit itself on the back shelf under a hat. Pretty clever, but I was way too lazy for that.

Still no pics?

A picture is worth a thousand words! Save your energy and time on typing!
    Hi, my name is Charlie.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR.

whats the point of having a stealthy install, i mean i dont care who can see it when im driving. Its not like you can get in trouble for it right

I have been driving without a radar detector since I moved to CA 10 years ago. In that time I have had only a single speeding ticket.

you wouldn't believe it from the way I drive.
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

Is it true that the V1 has a passive laser jamming that delays the laser gun from picking your speed right away?!
    So in case of being tagged, you have a sec to slow down (only works if you are not speeding like crazy)

I asked that because we already went over it in the other thread that it's useless to detect laser.
    When your laser detector goes off, the LEO already has your speed in his gun.
    - Rob

WLD a.k.a. Wilson LOL Disease - there's currently no cure for this.

Learn from your mistake: Start off with spin-outs then power slides.

It's not true. The V1 is only a lidar/radar detector. There are "parking assistants" that just happen to work on the same frequency as laser.
    Auto-x vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCSE
    2008 BSP SFR SCCA Champ, 2nd place Slush Series
    2009 BSP SFR SCCA 2nd, 1st place Slush Series

Sponsored by: GST Motorsports, Speed Element
    Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing, Lubrify.com, EBC

Proud Member of the E85 Army :-D

where can I get Valentine One at?
    HKS intake<br />Greddy BOV<br />HKS 280 cams x2<br />HKS Hi powe exhaust<br />ecutec reflash<br />HKS cam gear<br />fuel injuctors<br />manuel boost control[/size]<br /><br />Joe <br />310 whp 292 tq<br />WWW.EIPRACING.COM

ask and ye shall receive...

Quote Originally Posted by CupertinoRedEvoVIII
    where can I get Valentine One at?
    oh idk maybe at valentine1.com lol