Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECU Reflash FAQ

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    0-60 times depend on so many variables: environmental conditions (temperature/humidity/altitude), grip on the starting pad and track, driver skill, tires, etc... Unless you're maybe comparing two Evos driven by the same driver at about the same time of day, comparing times is like comparing apples and oranges. And even the same driver will have good runs and bad runs.
    yuhh..but if he was a good driver...he'd be more consistent

oreo?
    [size=10px]-Clarion DRZ9255 CD head unit
    <br />-PPI PAR 245, PPI DEQ-230, PPI PCX480
    <br />-StreetWires ZN5.0, Dynamat Extreme
    <br />-Shorty Antenna, TEIN S.Tech, EVO VIII UK Badge
    <br />-Focal Utopia 165W3 (front) -Focal Utopia 165W (rear)
    <br />-JL Audio 13W7 subwoofer -JL Audio 1000/1 subwoofer amplifier
    <br />-Optima Blue Top battery
    <br />-HKS Super High Flow drop-in air filter
    <br />-Ralliart Titanium Oil Cap, Royal Purple Oil, K&amp;N High Flow Oil filter, Redline Water Wetter,
    <br />Speed Source metal shift cable + shifter base bushings, B&amp;M SS short shifter + SS shift knob,
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />Works Clutch + Brakelines,
    <br />-XD5 5800 kevlin H11 bulbs (55 watt)
    <br />-Clifford AvantGarde 4, BlackJax, TurboTimer,
    <br />Smart Windows, Remote Engine Start...Etc...
    <br />
    <br />Upcoming mods, Perrin rear strut bar,
    <br />ARC titanium trunk bar, cusco titanium front strut bar, Kick panels...
    <br />HID fog lights, MR tail lights
    <br />
    <br />sponsored by http://www.entercybertron.com[/size]

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Then there is the issue of the cars being supplied to the major mags being ringers, aka cars that are more powerful than the standard cars you buy off the lot. That might be your explanation right there and I would not put it past Mitsu to do that.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo
    Then there is the issue of the cars being supplied to the major mags being ringers, aka cars that are more powerful than the standard cars you buy off the lot. That might be your explanation right there and I would not put it past Mitsu to do that.
    tru..i've heard about that...i know for sure that the stock JDM evo VIII six speed does 0-60 in 4.6...and does the quarter in 12.6...but then again they're using 100 octane
    [size=10px]-Clarion DRZ9255 CD head unit
    <br />-PPI PAR 245, PPI DEQ-230, PPI PCX480
    <br />-StreetWires ZN5.0, Dynamat Extreme
    <br />-Shorty Antenna, TEIN S.Tech, EVO VIII UK Badge
    <br />-Focal Utopia 165W3 (front) -Focal Utopia 165W (rear)
    <br />-JL Audio 13W7 subwoofer -JL Audio 1000/1 subwoofer amplifier
    <br />-Optima Blue Top battery
    <br />-HKS Super High Flow drop-in air filter
    <br />-Ralliart Titanium Oil Cap, Royal Purple Oil, K&amp;N High Flow Oil filter, Redline Water Wetter,
    <br />Speed Source metal shift cable + shifter base bushings, B&amp;M SS short shifter + SS shift knob,
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />Works Clutch + Brakelines,
    <br />-XD5 5800 kevlin H11 bulbs (55 watt)
    <br />-Clifford AvantGarde 4, BlackJax, TurboTimer,
    <br />Smart Windows, Remote Engine Start...Etc...
    <br />
    <br />Upcoming mods, Perrin rear strut bar,
    <br />ARC titanium trunk bar, cusco titanium front strut bar, Kick panels...
    <br />HID fog lights, MR tail lights
    <br />
    <br />sponsored by http://www.entercybertron.com[/size]

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

How about this. I don't want to start anything. what about this question. Is there any difference in the Xflash compared to Works P2 or P1. Have one that has the Xflash and the other Works and let them switch cars and see if they can feel any difference.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

vtluu Guest

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo
    What an outrage! Graphics chips manufacturers would never do that with new graphics cards... uh, yeah...

My apologies for driving this thread off-topic.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed
    How about this. I don't want to start anything. what about this question. Is there any difference in the Xflash compared to Works P2 or P1. Have one that has the Xflash and the other Works and let them switch cars and see if they can feel any difference.
    Hmm.. that is a good question, of course - but I was hoping to make the FAQ specific to each ECU and then just have the vendor answer them accordingly.

BUT, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to take a car with a P2 with the exact same mods as another car with the Xflash and compare them, either with a butt dyno or the real thing. It's a sticky thing though since whomever comes out not looking so good will find something to complain about and declare the contest unfair. Again, I think it's reasonable, but I don't know if the tuners will.

But we should probably try to get talking about what questions you guys have for the tuners.

How about - will your reflash save me gas? What are the long term effects of the reflash on my engine? What AFR does your baseline flash run?

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

yo jansolo and vtluu...

I will be a guinea pig for you if you'd like.... I am getting my P2 reflash this week and all i have is a 3 inch catback and drop in filter, i think those are standard mods, therefore if someone gets an xflash we can compare the two. I promise i wont be a biznitch and complain if my $hitz not puling out power, cuz i dont really care.
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

vtluu Guest

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    I will be a guinea pig for you if you'd like.... I am getting my P2 reflash this week and all i have is a 3 inch catback and drop in filter, i think those are standard mods, therefore if someone gets an xflash we can compare the two. I promise i wont be a biznitch and complain if my $hitz not puling out power, cuz i dont really care.
    So much for:
    Stock Black Evo 8, keeping it stock.
    :lol:

I think the only fair way to compare the two flashes would be to neutralize all other variables by using the same car, same gas, same dyno, same day, etc... Not too complicated logistically but I doubt Vishnu and/or Works would agree to such a thing.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

hehe i got the stealth mods, kind of, except for the exhaust, you should read my other post, moddings an addiction.....
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    So much for:
    Stock Black Evo 8, keeping it stock.
    :lol:

I think the only fair way to compare the two flashes would be to neutralize all other variables by using the same car, same gas, same dyno, same day, etc... Not too complicated logistically but I doubt Vishnu and/or Works would agree to such a thing.
    Best way to know would be to ask. Let me ask Shiv from Vishnu and Pete from Works and see if the are interested. I doubt this will work out, but we might as well try.