Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECU Reflash FAQ

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Well like I said, I didn't want to start any friction between the tuners. they are both great. Also we got to keep in mind that the Evos are not alike from the factory( we all know that). I am probably going with Shiv since he is closer.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Default I'm here

Hi guys,

Let me know what questions you have regarding our XFlash. I'll be happy to answer them.

Cheers,
    shiv
    Banned
    <br />
    <br />&quot;One trick that is used by more than a few tuners is strategic placement of the dynamometer's air temperature sensor (which is used for correction factor calculation). When need for lower-than-normal dyno result arises, it's easy to place the air temperature sensor in a slightly colder environment (out of the engine bay, in a cool shadow, on some insulation, etc.). Similarly, when a higher-than-normal result is needed, all one has to do is to place the sensor in a hot environment (near the exhaust header, in a stagnant pocket of air, in direct sunlight, etc.).&quot;

Default Re: I'm here

Quote Originally Posted by Shiv@Vishnu
    Hi guys,

Let me know what questions you have regarding our XFlash. I'll be happy to answer them.

Cheers,
    shiv
    Ok, would you be willing to participate in the NorCalEvo.net Reflash Challenge??

Three competitors enter, only one leaves as the victor. Who will it be?

Our competitors: Schizoid Al and his Dynoflush, Shiv "The Tuning Titan" from Vishnu Tuning and "Pistol" Pete from WorksRally.

Hopefully, coming soon..

Default Re: I'm here

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo
    [Our competitors: Schizoid Al and his Dynoflush, Shiv "The Tuning Titan" from Vishnu Tuning and "Pistol" Pete from WorksRally.

Hopefully, coming soon..
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Actually , from what i have seen, P2 and the Xflash are very close in terms of hp gains.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

i like that jan!! maybe an event for the next meet

as with flashes i still havent found any real answers if they cooperate with ebc's.since i dont really feel like getting rid of not unless necessary since just installing it on takes a while.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1
    Actually , from what i have seen, P2 and the Xflash are very close in terms of hp gains.
    Where have you seen this?
    Banned
    <br />
    <br />&quot;One trick that is used by more than a few tuners is strategic placement of the dynamometer's air temperature sensor (which is used for correction factor calculation). When need for lower-than-normal dyno result arises, it's easy to place the air temperature sensor in a slightly colder environment (out of the engine bay, in a cool shadow, on some insulation, etc.). Similarly, when a higher-than-normal result is needed, all one has to do is to place the sensor in a hot environment (near the exhaust header, in a stagnant pocket of air, in direct sunlight, etc.).&quot;

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Hey Jan did you get your dyno'd? As you know I've done nothing to my car. Maybe it's I got a Tuesday car :lol: . I can't remember if you had any mods on yours. It think the proof would be at the dyno.

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by xchoirboy
    Hey Jan did you get your dyno'd? As you know I've done nothing to my car. Maybe it's I got a Tuesday car :lol: . I can't remember if you had any mods on yours. It think the proof would be at the dyno.
    I agree about the dyno. But, then there is varying perspective - some believe that peak power does not matter compared to the curve itself.

From what Shiv has shown me of P2 vs Xflash dyno runs, the Xflash base reflash generally gains 10 more whp - stock vs stock, on his dyno.

This brings us back to the Xflash vs P2. We really should cut the tuners out of this and do this ourselves. Get two theoretically identical cars and dyno them somewhere and attempt to end the debate ourselves.

Here is what we could do.

1. Fill up on the exact same gas.
    2. Use the same exhaust - only takes an hour or so to swap exhausts back and forth to cars, faster if we have a lift. This way, no one can argue that a specific exhaust gave one car any sort of advantage.

Any other rules we could add to make this as even as possible?

Any volunteers? I am willing to volunteer my P2 flashed Evo. Anyone with an Xflash that wants to help end the debate (hint, hint Leroy).

Default ECU Reflash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo
    Quote Originally Posted by xchoirboy
    I agree about the dyno. But, then there is varying perspective - some believe that peak power does not matter compared to the curve itself.

From what Shiv has shown me of P2 vs Xflash dyno runs, the Xflash base reflash generally gains 10 more whp - stock vs stock, on his dyno.

This brings us back to the Xflash vs P2. We really should cut the tuners out of this and do this ourselves. Get two theoretically identical cars and dyno them somewhere and attempt to end the debate ourselves.

Here is what we could do.

1. Fill up on the exact same gas.
    2. Use the same exhaust - only takes an hour or so to swap exhausts back and forth to cars, faster if we have a lift. This way, no one can argue that a specific exhaust gave one car any sort of advantage.

Any other rules we could add to make this as even as possible?

Any volunteers? I am willing to volunteer my P2 flashed Evo. Anyone with an Xflash that wants to help end the debate (hint, hint Leroy).
    So are u saying you're going to change your exhuast? :lol: Bring it on!! Although I hadn't planned on adding anything onto my car at this point. Anyway it should be interesting.