Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motor with potential?

Default Re: New motor with potential?

Quote Originally Posted by whtrice
    That is a concern with max power applications. Iron block is pretty amazing and speaks for itself. I want Steevo to be in charge of testing efforts. If there is a flaw in the design he will finger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Open deck?
    Damn right! Shitsubishi should hand over a X and make me the "official" engine breaker inner
    Eat me

I thing "official" engine BREAKER would be sufficient !

Paul
    TB &#39;06 IX SE.Â&nbsp; SpeedElement / GST / STaSIS / On KW&#39;s by Robi<br /><br />1970 Camaro - 1/4 mi: 7.40 @ 187.78<br />2006 Mitsu.Â&nbsp; Â&nbsp; - 1/4 mi: 12.62 @ 109.88

Agreed. You be at the end of the line as they come off. Must have the Steevo stamp of approval ( O.B. I.) or blacklist.Â* :lol:Â* All the Mitsu execs will be a shakin....

Quote Originally Posted by steevo8
    Damn right! Shitsubishi should hand over a X and make me the "official" engine breaker inner
    '06 IX WW RS

Quote Originally Posted by TcJayLee
    I know the New X has only been out for a few months but does the new 4B11 motor have the same, more, or less horsepower potential as in the 4G63?
    Here's what we know: the engine responds better to modifications than the 4g63 (better efficiency). It can easily put down 400 whp with stock turbo and a few parts (low boost). Overbuilt engine for the power it has (i.e. parts higher grade than stock power, tune super conservative, etc.).

Here's what we don't know: High boost reliability, 400 whp long term engine effects.

I can't say that fully answers your question because there is "more" to it than just horse power potential. As i mentioned in the low boost arena the 4b11 (20G or Green Turbo) holds it's own better, but in the high boost (GT30+) arena I would guess the 4g63 would have the reliability due to it's closed deck construction.

This 400whp figure that is being thrown around for the 4B11. Are these Dynojet numbers or Mustang
    dyno results?
    /
    '06 IX WW RS

Dynojet. I don't see the point in having 400whp if it has to lug around another 400lbs.
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Quote Originally Posted by dabaysevo
    Dynojet. I don't see the point in having 400whp if it has to lug around another 400lbs.
    Bragging rights, foo!