Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New motor with potential?

Default New motor with potential?

I know the New X has only been out for a few months but does the new 4B11 motor have the same, more, or less horsepower potential as in the 4G63?
    06 TB Evo IX GSR
    MODS: Apex-i Catback, Works Drop in filter.
    "Maybe" Soon to be E85 powered

10/22/08 Infineon Raceway 13.997
    www.speedelement.com

Default Re: New motor with potential?

From everything I've been reading on EvoM that the vendors post, I'd say it has more then enough. They've already hit 400whp on the stock turbo. Already!

Tuners are more advanced with the release of the 4B11 then they were when the 4G63 released IMO.

Is this situation of power the JDM version of the X because the Ive read that the USDM version of the MR has around 300bhp. I was just curious if any tuners have built a 1000hp 4B11 motor as they did with the 4G63 and still take the abuse of all that power.
    06 TB Evo IX GSR
    MODS: Apex-i Catback, Works Drop in filter.
    "Maybe" Soon to be E85 powered

10/22/08 Infineon Raceway 13.997
    www.speedelement.com

No way, it's way too soon to see those numbers. Only time will tell if the aluminium head can handle all that.

The USDM & JDM Evo's are the same, the only difference is they have around 5-10 less hp then we do stock. As for the MR, it probably wont be be most modders choice as the SST is still new and unknown as to what it can handle.

^ you mean aluminum block right.. the 4g63s head is aluminum..

Oops.. :shock:

Yessir.

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
    Tuners are more advanced with the release of the 4B11 then they were when the 4G63 released IMO.
    As true as that may be it really has nothing to do with the 4b11 making more power then the 4g63. So far the 4b11 seams to have tons of power potential, let's just hope they dont take too many tips from the suby camp and the motor will hold together for a while with some power running through it.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by steevo8
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
    As true as that may be it really has nothing to do with the 4b11 making more power then the 4g63. So far the 4b11 seams to have tons of power potential, let's just hope they dont take too many tips from the suby camp and the motor will hold together for a while with some power running through it.
    Open deck?

That is a concern with max power applications. Iron block is pretty amazing and speaks for itself. I want Steevo to be in charge of testing efforts. If there is a flaw in the design he will finger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Open deck?
    '06 IX WW RS

he said finger