Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

Default Re: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

Quote Originally Posted by jon
    Quote Originally Posted by ZK
    I went and drove the BMW 135i manual sport package over the weekend. It is actually a really nice car! I've never liked German cars and BMW is the poster child for snobs (only beaten by Audi) but this car is really fun!

Lots of power, steering is fast, very quiet interior and suspension is firm but still compliant. The shifter throw is way too long but positive engagement. I kept missing 3rd and going from 2nd to 5th. For a daily driver, I would definitely pick this over the Evo. It is nimble and makes the 335i feel like a boat by comparison.

But damn is it expensive! The 135i is $40K sticker with very few options. You're looking at $45K fully equipped! This is way more than a Evo X GSR-SSS. The dealers will not work on the price either. 135 coupes are not common - they have a ton of convertibles but not many manual coupes.

Kinda torn... the 135i has bust my JDM bubble.
    DAM! 40k+ for a 1 series!?
    $40k for a shitsubishi :shock:
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    Im not a fan of either of these clowns but they are usually pretty accurate with their assessments. I dont agree with their opinions on the looks of the GTR or the 135 but I guess both are really controversial in the looks department so it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EN5xxc26w
    Ughh I lasted about 10 seconds of that vid. Just something about listening to loud mouth New Yorkers talk about cars that I can't stand... :?

- Jason

94 Sentra
    03 Santa Cruz Blur
    06 Some Other Car

Have you seen my girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by jon
    Quote Originally Posted by ZK
    I went and drove the BMW 135i manual sport package over the weekend. It is actually a really nice car! I've never liked German cars and BMW is the poster child for snobs (only beaten by Audi) but this car is really fun!

Lots of power, steering is fast, very quiet interior and suspension is firm but still compliant. The shifter throw is way too long but positive engagement. I kept missing 3rd and going from 2nd to 5th. For a daily driver, I would definitely pick this over the Evo. It is nimble and makes the 335i feel like a boat by comparison.

But damn is it expensive! The 135i is $40K sticker with very few options. You're looking at $45K fully equipped! This is way more than a Evo X GSR-SSS. The dealers will not work on the price either. 135 coupes are not common - they have a ton of convertibles but not many manual coupes.

Kinda torn... the 135i has bust my JDM bubble.
    DAM! 40k+ for a 1 series!?
    hahaha excellent point

Yea but if you pay 50k you get cool little paddle things to comfort your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST

Yea but if you pay 50k you get cool little paddle things to comfort your fingers.
    Ahh yes and then you can let your girlfriend drive it also...
    Eat me

Ahh yes and then you can let your girlfriend drive it also...
    I dunno she does great things with a stick

Your lucky.. D7's girl cant handle the stick.
    Eat me

I test drove a 135i a couple weeks ago as well. Too bad it was Auto, but even then I was very impressed. The sales person told me to beat the car like I stole it. Getting on the onrsmp, the DSC was kicking in. I'm considering one, but the 3 series has 0.9% for 60 months which is making it a tough choice.