Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

Default Re: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

LOL a luxury sports car with runflats and no lsd, loosing to a hardcore sports car geared specificly towards the track. Hmmm who would have figured???? Maybe a bit more of a fair comparison would have been the gsr vs. The standard 135i and the MR vs. The 135i Tii? But then again when is it really fair to compare a bmw to a shitsubishi? Ummm yeah, never.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo +1

Maybe the Evo X just needs a bit of sound deadening to make it a bit more tolerable as a daily driver?
    I thought the Evo X is miles ahead in daily driver friendliness over the Evo 8/9?
    Car Detailing Enthusiast

I think those 390whp figures you are talking about are highly inflated

335is are barely cracking into the 11s IIRC
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

MSRP for the X: $38,640

sammy the Tii will have a LSD, and bmw is making HUGE claims as to its advantage. Also acs installed one and said it transformed the car completely.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo +1
    Maybe the Evo X just needs a bit of sound deadening to make it a bit more tolerable as a daily driver?
    The X MR has 13lbs more sound deadening than the GSR. I wouldn't want that weight going up anymore then it already has. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by steevo8
    LOL a luxury sports car with runflats and no lsd, loosing to a hardcore sports car geared specificly towards the track.
    Ooooh, so now the "Automatic" X MR is hardcore? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by fiaevo.com
    runflats carry a 140 ratingÂ* they are sticky as hell. They are right about the evo, daily driving get old after a certain amount of time, other than that, the car is a blast. Also,BMW claims that open diff is advantageous to their set up's that is why no new bmw has an lsd.
    sticky doesnt mean its a fast tire. You tracked your 335i so don't tell me rhode tires are as good as advans. Why do you think every car magazine has bitched about them on every test they ever do? Cause they suck arse, that's why.

I'm not saying that the x isn't a good car, but to bash the 135i because its a few seconds slower around a track seems rather stupid.
    Eat me

on daily driving the evo.........is this still an issue with the SST? I was pretty excited for the SST and the automatic mode, which would allow the driver to veg out for awhile instead of having to be so damn intense all the time.

And on the subject of Runflats.. they just suck any which way, the GY supercar funflats on the C6 are almost $2000 a just feel dangerous. I hate runflats.

the x mr is geared specificly for the track. IMO its still gay for having a auto though. I never said it wasn't useful or faster.... Just homo.
    Eat me

thats for traction reasons.. and poor 60fts, most modded C6 are barely cracking into the 11s for example, but they areÂ* trapping 120mph+Â* Â*The modded 335is pull hard once they are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by UCB
    I think those 390whp figures you are talking about are highly inflated

335is are barely cracking into the 11s IIRC