Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

Default Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

From the Motortrend story about the BMW 135i vs the Evo X MR.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

Default Re: Evo X MR vs BMW 135i at Reno/Fernley

hmmmmmmm interesting. Id still take a 335i over em tho :lol:
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

Nice article! I know many people were comparing these two cars as they're in the same price range.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast

very interesting.. and what would be the outcome if the 335i had a rear diff and tires on par with the evo?(becuase the runflats clearly are no ADVANS).. to me this just points out that the X is severely underpowered in factoryÂ* trim...its got a "super car" transmission and suspension, and should not be pacing a race track with an overpowered "chic" car. Get the car up to 330whp though and its going to be flying!

These performance charts are really sweet BTW

Good Job MR.
    WWW.METHODBUILT.COM<br />PHONE 415 839 0058 , 415 839 0069<br /><br /> HELPING YOU KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP SINCE 2002<br /><br />Those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know

So the X MR couldn't lose the 135i and kept getting passed. But ultimately because of the corners it eventually came out victorious.

Glad I'm picking the Evo.

yeah once the course became more complicated the 135 looks like it had a hard time handling the transitions .. but consider the advantage of ADVANS vs crappy run flats.. no rear diff for the 135.....These are the first things trackers will fix no? probably increase the power of the evo to 300whp+, on the 135I.. close to 390whp + sticky tires and diff... Id be curious to see real world results from owners next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
    So the X MR couldn't lose the 135i and kept getting passed. But ultimately because of the corners it eventually came out victorious.

Glad I'm picking the Evo.

runflats carry a 140 ratingÂ* they are sticky as hell. They are right about the evo, daily driving get old after a certain amount of time, other than that, the car is a blast. Also,BMW claims that open diff is advantageous to their set up's that is why no new bmw has an lsd.
    WWW.METHODBUILT.COM<br />PHONE 415 839 0058 , 415 839 0069<br /><br /> HELPING YOU KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP SINCE 2002<br /><br />Those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know

Quote Originally Posted by fiaevo.com
    runflats carry a 140 rating they are sticky as hell. They are right about the evo, daily driving get old after a certain amount of time, other than that, the car is a blast.
    Maybe the Evo X just needs a bit of sound deadening to make it a bit more tolerable as a daily driver?

^^^ agreed. However for a certain demographic evo's are a second car so I dont know if "softening" it will help or hurt.