Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens if my alarm remote clicker thing runs out of battery?

Default What happens if my alarm remote clicker thing runs out of battery?

Okay so this thought has ran through my mind a few times lately but I was wondering what any of you would do in the event that you were out somewhere and you couldn't disarm your alarm because of your remote running out of battery?

Would you just unlock the car and then wait for the alarm to stop? Is there a way to disable?

Default Re: What happens if my alarm remote clicker thing runs out of battery?

not sure on the evo factory alarm, but some cars if you unlock with the key will disarm when the ignition is turned.
    Bye Bye NCe

+1, generally, there is a secondary switch tied into the ignition switch which, if installed correctly, should disable an alarm system.

give it a try. arm your alarm with the window open. reach in, unlock it and open from outside. sit inside and turn the key. if it dont work, at least you DO have a working remote and can disable it. some alarms need 30-60 second to "arm", so if the alarm dont go off, give it more time before unlocking it.

4. Default Re: What happens if my alarm remote clicker thing runs out of battery?

If your keyfob ran out of battery, your alarm installer should have installed an alarm disengage button. You need to ask them where they installed it, usually hidden underneath the steering column or something.

And on the VIII and IX I thought Mistubishi didn't offer factory alarms, just keyless entry?

ah yeah, if aftermarket then generally a switch is installed(such a joke for thieves), and im not sure about factory as i only have keyless myself.

Open the door with the key. Drive to Radioshack with the alarm going off. Buy a new battery. Turn the alarm off.
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
    Open the door with the key. Drive to Radioshack with the alarm going off. Buy a new battery. Turn the alarm off.

lol....wouldnt there be an ignition kill integrated into the alarm though? lol

remember that scene in ghostbusters where they shutoff the containment unit and then the building explodes and ghosts fly everywhere?

that's about what would happen.

^
    Bye Bye NCe

the stock keyless entry system is not an alarm, so nothing would happen.

You would have an extra dangly thing on your keyring.
    Artist formerly known as John
    1992 Galant VR4
    2008 Mazdaspeed3

RIP 2006 GG Evolution IX SSL - Fubar'd by GST
    RIP 2005 EB Evolution VIII SSL - flipped, totalled