Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tranny fluid

Default Re: Tranny fluid

So Diaqueen for the front rear LSD's& Tranfercase on the 05-06, and Synchromesh for Trans?

For a 5-spd, the Pennzoil Synchromesh works fine.

Diaqueen in the t-case and rear diff.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    For a 5-spd, the Pennzoil Synchromesh works fine.

Diaqueen in the t-case and rear diff.
    So 3 qts. of Penzoil Syncromesh, no mixing? Is there only one kind or is there a specific grade?
    And 2 qts. of Redline Heavy Shockproof (i'm standing firm on this one bro') :lol:
    Fuk Sho Let&#39;s Go<br />Oni-Moto/Raging Bull Productions/Team SLOW/Emperor<br /><br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by redtydsf
    So 3 qts. of Penzoil Syncromesh, no mixing? Is there only one kind or is there a specific grade?
    And 2 qts. of Redline Heavy Shockproof (i'm standing firm on this one bro') :lol:
    Yep, I just run the syncromesh with no mixing. It works fine and is also recommended by Jon@TRE.

what bout for the 6 spd, Mark?

You can use any of the fluids that work in a 5-spd.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE

Yep, I just run the syncromesh with no mixing. It works fine and is also recommended by Jon@TRE.
    So was straight MTL, so take what Jon says with a grain of salt. MTL feels like ass in our trans.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    So was straight MTL, so take what Jon says with a grain of salt. MTL feels like ass in our trans.
    heh.. I never heard him say that before, but I don't really go on evom.net much anymore either..

MTL's viscosity is 70W-80. Pennzoil Synchromesh is around 80W. Our trannies require 75W-85 or 75W-90, so the MTL seems a bit on the thin side.

i run straight mt-90

he told me that when I had him rebuild my 6spd. I took that crap out after 200miles, replaced with mt90 and SPH and the trans instantly felt worlds better.

Jon is the kind of guy that when you ask him 5 questions, you get half an answer and not even for one of your questions. He might know our trans well but his communication is a huge turn off.

I have now had three trans done by him and now I am done dealing with him. Total pita every time, had missing parts, conflicting advice every time I spoke to him, etc etc.

Just my experience of course. Some others have better luck I guess.