Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tranny fluid

Default Tranny fluid

Just wondering. When do you guys change you tranny/xfer/diff. fluids? Or does it depend on what kind of a maniac driver you are?
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Default Tranny fluid

hmmm...does it say or recommend anything in the Owners Manual? as too when to change it?
    [size=10px]-Clarion DRZ9255 CD head unit
    <br />-PPI PAR 245, PPI DEQ-230, PPI PCX480
    <br />-StreetWires ZN5.0, Dynamat Extreme
    <br />-Shorty Antenna, TEIN S.Tech, EVO VIII UK Badge
    <br />-Focal Utopia 165W3 (front) -Focal Utopia 165W (rear)
    <br />-JL Audio 13W7 subwoofer -JL Audio 1000/1 subwoofer amplifier
    <br />-Optima Blue Top battery
    <br />-HKS Super High Flow drop-in air filter
    <br />-Ralliart Titanium Oil Cap, Royal Purple Oil, K&amp;N High Flow Oil filter, Redline Water Wetter,
    <br />Speed Source metal shift cable + shifter base bushings, B&amp;M SS short shifter + SS shift knob,
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />Works Clutch + Brakelines,
    <br />-XD5 5800 kevlin H11 bulbs (55 watt)
    <br />-Clifford AvantGarde 4, BlackJax, TurboTimer,
    <br />Smart Windows, Remote Engine Start...Etc...
    <br />
    <br />Upcoming mods, Perrin rear strut bar,
    <br />ARC titanium trunk bar, cusco titanium front strut bar, Kick panels...
    <br />HID fog lights, MR tail lights
    <br />
    <br />sponsored by http://www.entercybertron.com[/size]

Default Tranny fluid

redline mt-90 on the tranny and 75w90 on transfer and rear diff

Default Tranny fluid

Well I just couldn't wait. I changed all the fluids(tranny/xfer/diff). My god, I couln't believe what I saw. I wish I had my digital camera charged up so I could have taken pictures of the drain plugs. The tranny plug had alot and I mean alot of metal filings. Actually all of them. I only have 2800 miles on the car and I don't even dog the car. I could just imagine if I did drive the crap out of this Evo. It was funny too when I drained the xfer case. It came out like "snot." It was thick and dirty. Funny though the tranny and everything else was quiet. I changed the fluids because I was bored. I used all GL-5 Redline 75-90 if anyone wants to know. I know some guys use MT90 for the tranny GL-4, but I heard that the GL-5 was alittle more slippery so I am trying that and if I run into any problems, I'll used MT-90. So to sum it all up, if you haven't changed you tranny fluid/xfer/diff. change it as soon as possible.

Noel
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Default Tranny fluid

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed
    Well I just couldn't wait. I changed all the fluids(tranny/xfer/diff). My god, I couln't believe what I saw. I wish I had my digital camera charged up so I could have taken pictures of the drain plugs. The tranny plug had alot and I mean alot of metal filings. Actually all of them. I only have 2800 miles on the car and I don't even dog the car. I could just imagine if I did drive the crap out of this Evo. It was funny too when I drained the xfer case. It came out like "snot." It was thick and dirty. Funny though the tranny and everything else was quiet. I changed the fluids because I was bored. I used all GL-5 Redline 75-90 if anyone wants to know. I know some guys use MT90 for the tranny GL-4, but I heard that the GL-5 was alittle more slippery so I am trying that and if I run into any problems, I'll used MT-90. So to sum it all up, if you haven't changed you tranny fluid/xfer/diff. change it as soon as possible.

speaking of which i went in the other day to get some motor oil
    at the local car parts shop and they're like...Redline doesn't recommend that you change your oil to synthetic untill about 8K-10K miles.

And I'm like..uhhh...my car comes with synthetic stock...hehe

Noel
    sounds like fun...lolz...i think im gonna change it tomorrow...I might as well since im gonna change to SS clutch lines
    <br />-Ralliart Titanium Oil Cap, Royal Purple Oil, K&amp;N High Flow Oil filter, Redline Water Wetter,
    <br />Speed Source metal shift cable + shifter base bushings, B&amp;M SS short shifter + SS shift knob,
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />
    <br />

Default Tranny fluid

Tell me how the SS clutch lines feel compared to the stock. I am still contemplating if I really need it.

Noel

Default Tranny fluid

Tell me how the SS clutch lines feel compared to the stock. I am still contemplating if I really need it.

Noel
    no prob, i got them for a pretty good deal and i dont even have to wait!
    infact they're getting dropped off tonight
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />
    <br />

Default Tranny fluid

Last month Lancershop had a Christmas special. It was $32.99. I was about to buy it but changed my mind.

Default Tranny fluid

Last month Lancershop had a Christmas special. It was $32.99. I was about to buy it but changed my mind.
    Or you could just buy the 2G SS clutch line from Road Race for $20 like I did.

Back to the fluids... I changed mine to Amsoil with the first oil change. Then 15K intevals afterwards.

Default Tranny fluid

Quote Originally Posted by EvolvedDSM
    Or you could just buy the 2G SS clutch line from Road Race for $20 like I did.

Back to the fluids... I changed mine to Amsoil with the first oil change. Then 15K intevals afterwards.
    dammit! i just got my Goodridge SS clutch line set for 40 bucks = (
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />
    <br />