Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nisei UICP 1 pc looks stocker than stock

Default Re: Nisei UICP 1 pc looks stocker than stock

Ok, so I've finally had some seat time with this mod...call it the placebo effect...call it me trying to justify spending the money ($190)...call it what you want.Â* Man...the boost response is so much more crisp and immediate that I'd find it hard not to recommend this mod.Â* I don't think that it's really added much power per se (even though some shops are showing 5-8 whp gains) but it just feels so much more responsive.Â* This definitely helped with the lag, even though there wasn't much to start. Keep in mind that I had stock IC pipes on my VIII so I've never done hard pipes on any of my turbo cars.

Matt?Â* Xbox4414?Â* Impressions?
    2008 WW Evo X GSR SSS - GReddy Ti-C Cat-back-Work XT7 18x9.5 +20 -Nisei Engineering Matte Black UICP - Works Shifter Bushings-Works Ride Springs-K&N Drop In -GST Boost Pill

Digitally Remastered by Bryan@GST
    Current Powah: 305 whp/305wtq on GST Dyno.
    www.gstmotorsports.com

Y agree. It's hard to say exactly what this pipe does to the car but I found the RPM studder almost gone but not really an increase in power. I guess this mod is like shifter bushing...feels so much better but yileds little no no power gains. I have the 1st reflash and haven't gone back to get the second update but it seems that without the expanding stock hose the boost is smoother. Right?

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Quote Originally Posted by xbox4414
    Y agree. It's hard to say exactly what this pipe does to the car but I found the RPM studder almost gone but not really an increase in power. I guess this mod is like shifter bushing...feels so much better but yileds little no no power gains. I have the 1st reflash and haven't gone back to get the second update but it seems that without the expanding stock hose the boost is smoother. Right?
    I'm in exactly the same position. Did the 1st reflash...hadn't really considered the second because I haven't had any studdering problems before or after the 1st flash. But I think you're right, eliminating the flex in the stock rubber hoses probably "tightened" things up.
    2008 WW Evo X GSR SSS - GReddy Ti-C Cat-back-Work XT7 18x9.5 +20 -Nisei Engineering Matte Black UICP - Works Shifter Bushings-Works Ride Springs-K&N Drop In -GST Boost Pill

www.gstmotorsports.com

boost response is better and seems to help stability of boost. The faint Turbo noise with the windows down is sublime. Can't wait for a hardpipe intake. AEM carb please

Quote Originally Posted by Unowned
    boost response is better and seems to help stability of boost. The faint Turbo noise with the windows down is sublime. Can't wait for a hardpipe intake. AEM carb please
    I noticed that my exhaust "pops" more when backing off the gas after installing the pipe. Weird.

www.gstmotorsports.com

:shock: No tune yet? Any plans for one?

After seeing EIP tune an X on ECUtek, I'm pretty much sold.

I'm waiting for ECUFlash. I'm going to either Bryan at GST or Andy at SE.

www.gstmotorsports.com

Ahh, any word on an ETA for the ECUflash?

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    Ahh, any word on an ETA for the ECUflash?
    Soon? From recent threads I'd say maybe a month or so?

www.gstmotorsports.com