Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVO X Crashed :(

Default Re: EVO X Crashed :(

Wouldn't be a bad investment. Can prob salvage 3 rims the interior and possibly the motor.
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    damn, stuff like this is why our insurance rates are so high
    +1, but I do hope the driver is okay. Rodion, are you gonna buy this or what? I'm sure we can buff most of that out, nothing a bottle of Turtle Wax wont fix. Nebo, the wing is okay too.

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY
    +1, but I do hope the driver is okay. Rodion, are you gonna buy this or what? I'm sure we can buff most of that out, nothing a bottle of Turtle Wax wont fix. Nebo, the wing is okay too.

Jerry
    hahaha oh yeah Jerry, if you haven't thrown my old exhaust away, someone might come pick it up. Figured if i was gonna throw it away, someone can maybe use it.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic

Jerry
    hahaha oh yeah Jerry, if you haven't thrown my old exhaust away, someone might come pick it up. Figured if i was gonna throw it away, someone can maybe use it.

nebo
    Hey Nebo,

Yeah, it's still sitting here. Feel free to send someone over, just let me know who is actually coming. Jesse was thinking about cutting it up just to have fun with... damn, no more fun for him
    hahaha

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic

Jerry

nebo
    Hey Nebo,

Yeah, it's still sitting here. Feel free to send someone over, just let me know who is actually coming. Jesse was thinking about cutting it up just to have fun with... damn, no more fun for him
    hahaha

Jerry
    bwahaha actually you can still cause the kiddo that wants the exhaust can prob leave u his stock so you can cut some stuff up still muhah

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Sean and Jesse wont allow me to cut anything else up, the last time I did, I got metal in both eyes and had to have a doctor use a drill to get it and the rust out. That's why i looked like I got my ass kicked yesterday (both eyes are still swollen from the removal on Wednesday morning).

Jerry

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by awdaddict
    looks like that car rolled on the passenger side and flopped over which the driver side rear get crushed.

I've seen car that went belly up and it wasn't even this bad...
    i think it was the opposite
    the passenger side is very much intact, minus the front-passenger fender
    first guess is rolled on the driver side and slowly/lightly landed on the roof, smacking some sorta land thingy on the passenger-roof to create such a concentrated & precise dent
    but meh...

this gets me thinking... how good are the new Evo Xs chassis?
    this looks like a light accident, but EvoM has shown that even light accidents with the CT9A causes some severe cabin-intrusion damage
    but in this crashed Evo X, minus the roof, the cabin looks intact, granted there isn't severe frontal damage, no tree-like crease into the engine-bay/crash beam...
    and the crushed roof-line looks barely into the passenger's headroom, if anything the passenger airbag would've pushed the passenger away from that crush-line

although what does worry me is the rear-passenger headroom, never noticed it from sitting in the car, but in this pic it looks like the passenger's heads wouldn't have much room if the roof were to collapse, even a little bit

although that might explain the roof damage, maybe in a rollover the frontal weight bias is meant to nose-dive the A-Pillar into the ground, lifting the passenger-roof (C-pillar) off the ground?

Good observations. How do car companies balance the safety of the crash beam vs pedestrians? If it's tough enough to withstand a frontal crash, then is it too tough for a pedestrian?

Quote Originally Posted by FBI
    Good observations. How do car companies balance the safety of the crash beam vs pedestrians? If it's tough enough to withstand a frontal crash, then is it too tough for a pedestrian?
    I'd say saving the folks inside the car > pedestrains.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3

Quote Originally Posted by FBI
    good question!
    i honestly haven't though of it very much, but part of my guess is that the two are somewhat rooted into the same ideas
    cars used to be designed like tanks/trucks/bricks, like an egg-shell
    until they figured out that even if you made the shell outa titanium, if the shit slammed into something hard enough the insides would still get FUBARed, leaving the end objective... moot (aka, occupancy death... the inside of the egg)
    so the concept of crumple zones to 'soften'/'absorb' and basically collapse in a slow, compressing, spring-like motion, without the rebound/recoil of a spring shooting back to retain its original shape
    fifth gear had an awesome demonstration of this with the dinky-SMART car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s
    i know it might be tempting to look at the "sweet it's still intact!" aspect of it, but the fifth gear guys did a great job of reminding people that the force of the impact would've likely transferred to the occupants, killing them regardless of the rigidity of the car

but that's kinda babble... i think more directly your question can be explained by looking at some of the innovation made in the name of pedestrian safety.
    flexible hoods, body designs to incorporate room for a pedestrian to fall, engine-bay designs that incorporate a lower-seated valve-cover, or nissan's "popping" hood which springs upward in a frontal-impact that acts as a cushion should a pedestrian fall onto it
    i dun really think there're crash-beams persay... that're designed to protect pedestrians cause a pedestrian impact is fairly different from a vehicle-vehicle or vehicle-environment impact
    a pedestrians legs strike the bumper, forcing the feet/legs out from under the person, followed by their upper-torso and head to strike the hood & glass of the vehicle

EDIT: my god, have i mentioned i love wikipedia?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedestr...vehicle_design