Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

Default WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

We get a lot of questions about what exactly we do, and what makes us stand apart in the automotive community, so we thought we would outline what makes WORKS an industry leader.

-WORKS is comprised of a dedicated group of Engineers with over 30 years of combined technical expertise in the automotive performance industry

-WORKS is located at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. This location is a hotbed of motorsports development and activity. Having direct track access, and access to all of the other shops at the Infineon facility helps us to better develop products for both road and track.

-WORKS has a Dynapack all wheel drive hub style dyno in-house at our facility. Regarded as one of the most accurate dynos in the industry the Dynapack is an excellent tuning tool that allows us to custom tailor modifications for individual customer's needs.

-WORKS believes in factory maintenance. We have factory training videos to train our technicians and stock a full supply of factory fluids and OEM parts for regular service. In addition we have a MUT (Multi-Use Tester) II and MUT III tool on hand for diagnostics and we have full access to the CAPS computer program to help locate the correct OEM parts by part number.

-Concerned about maintaining your factory warranty and being able to bring your car quickly and easily back to stock? WORKS is too. Our products are undetectable and/or fully reversible while integrating with the factory design and mounting locations.

-WORKS offers an industry leading Factory-Matched Warranty, trusted by Mitsubishi dealerships across the country.

Our goal is to provide you with parts and service that will both enhance your vehicle and meet or exceed factory quality. We strive to do this while maintaining our passion for motorsports and all things automotive.

If you have any questions or would like to book a service please call us at 415-226-2500.
    Bill
    Power | Precision | Passion

www.worksmotorsports.com

Default Re: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

So other then signing papers with Mitsu what exactly makes you "THE leading" mitsubishi tuner? Are their numbers to back this up, or is it that you guys add in stuff like the jim russel cars and the press work you do? I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just wondering what you have to back you up on "northern californias leading mitsubishi tuner" claims? Cause ever since the flash craze past I don't really know anyone with a evo that runs your tunes.... Maybe eclipses or the raider :?
    Eat me

Default Re: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

Oh btw its "MUT II" not "MUTT"
    Eat me

Edit made thanks for the heads up.

To respond to your question: I didn't mean that we lead Northern California in terms of pure number of cars with engine tunes. That statistic is honestly something I have never evaluated.
    I did mean what I said, that we are Northern California's leading Mitsubishi Tuner AND Service center. We do dealer quality factory service and great vehicle tuning all in one place. I don't know too many other shops that can make that claim.
    As for tuning specifically: Tuning is a broader term that includes the entire mechanical makeup of the car ie. suspension/steering, fuel system, intake, exhaust, the motor itself, engine management etc. What I was inferring was that we lead Northern California in terms of the quality, professionalism and engineering that goes into our tuning (and service) be it engine management or suspension tuning. In terms of engine management we tune for broad useable power not peak numbers (unless a customer specifically requests it and we feel it is safe) and our tunes are both safe and useable. One of our EVO customers has over 100,000 miles on his EVO VIII with our TR340 package and a tune, 90% of those are track miles, on tracks all over the country. That is reliability. We pride ourselves on not blowing up engines but tuning with engine longevity in mind. Not everyone shares this philosophy with us and that is their choice. If you want peak dyno numbers we probably aren't the tuner for you. But if you want a car with real usable power that will last a long time, that is our bread and butter.

We are also pushing the envelope when it comes to developing technology and products. We have developed a complete brain flash with boost tube to reduce boost taper for the EVO X. I don't believe any other tuners based in Northern California have pulled this off yet.

And lastly:
    Hey its our forum so we can say whatever we want right

Seriously though, good question and I hope I clarified our point a bit.

And next time you are at the track stop in and talk shop with us. We really do appreciate feedback and input.

thanks

-Bill@WORKS
    Bill

www.worksmotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@WORKS
    We have developed a complete brain flash with boost tube to reduce boost taper for the EVO X.
    Are you going to make a thread with Dyno Charts and General info on this? There's nothing on your site. :?

actually GST has "developed" boost tubes for the X as well. A+ for your guys marketing though.
    Eat me

Hi Guy's I will be heading down soon to check you guys out. Heard good things about you from people down south.

Law is order in liberty, and without order liberty is social chaos.

Yeah,
    We will have a thread with dyno graphs up soon. We are working on a customer's X today and hope to get the before/after runs for his car to put up in the next few days.

As for GST, I don't believe they developed their own flash and boost hose. They may have developed the boost hose but I'm pretty sure they are using the EcuTek Flash. For us cracking the ECU was a good deal harder than developing the boost hose, but again I believe we are the first and only tuner in Northern California to develop both for the EVO X so far.
    And thanks for the complement on marketing, we still have a long way to go on that front.
    Bill

www.worksmotorsports.com

So you guys actually cracked the Evo X ecu and are not just using TechTom/EcuTek like you did for the 8/9?

If so, that is pretty cool.

GST does not use ecutek for the X for or anything else for that matter. I know it was a speculation but incorrect. There are enough butt hurt evo 8 owners that I don't see the bay area paying for the licensing after being burned with all the ecuteck pipe dreams and costs.