Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 120k now and counting...

No more and then.
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!

So for a long overdue update...

Basically now the car is at 203,000 miles. I have been boosting 30 psi (sometimes 31-32 on cold nights) for the last 30,000 (On 91 octane, and Evo 9 turbo). It's been a long road of datalogging, testing, and tuning.
    Last edited by nightwalker; 06-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!

Car has run a best of 11.9 on an Evo 9 turbo on 91 octane, and trapped a best of 116 mph on street tires. Full interior, A/C, etc. I spin first pretty good and some of second. I know the car has more in it, so hopefully when I have time I'm going back for an 11.7 or faster. Then maybe I'll change to E85 and see how fast the car can really go. The car has been launched just about once every week (mostly because I'm bored) and has still been boosting 30 psi since I last posted. Mileage is now 216,412 and still going strong. The car is still daily driven.

I'm now running Redline 5w30 synthetic engine oil. I want to see how much better an Ester based synthetic will do versus the Mobil1 EP and Motul 8100 I've used. The transmission oil is Redline MT90. Transfer case has always been Diaqueen SAE90, and the rear diff is Redline NS 75w140 with my own specific amount of limited slip additive added in. I also use Redline Water Wetter in the coolant, and change it every year. The power steering still gets a reservoir change of Valvoline ATF+4 every once in awhile. AND, no leaks whatsoever!
    Last edited by nightwalker; 05-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!

sweetness! i love seeing high mileage evos, especially since i finally broke into six digits myself. altho i have done a complete engine rebuild already. haha

Phia is like our local 4RETECH from EvoM. Goes to show how long a modified car can go with normal maintenance.

i maintain mine, just beat the shit out of every single time i drive it. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Phia is like our local 4RETECH from EvoM.
    Except mine is 100% stock. Never been rebuilt, stock headstuds, and stock headgasket.
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!