Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet vs Meguiar's NXT Insane Shin Tire Coating

Default Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet vs Meguiar's NXT Insane Shin Tire Coating

I'll let you be the judge...

Before:

Black Magic vs Meguira's

Black Magic on the left vs Meguira's on the right

Default Re: Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet vs Meguiar's NXT Insane Shin Tire Coating

couple of people looked at it and all said Black Magic gives a deeper wet look.

However here is a closer look...

Black Magic

Meguiar's

Default Re: Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet vs Meguiar's NXT Insane Shin Tire Coating

The Black Magic runs where Meguiar's doesn't... But at the end of the day, I think I like the foam application better, but I think both Black Magic and Meguiar's shin better than Armor All Foam.

I did couple of deliveries... upon delivery, the runs were gone and it shined extremely well...

There's a new product out that doesn't give it that wet look but gives it the new tire (matte) look. Could you do some comparisons w/ that vs. One of the "wet" look products. I haven't seen anything but in the commercial for it.

Actually this[*] (Adam's Polishes - V.R.T. Vinyl, Rubber, & Tire Dressing 16oz CD-003 $12.95) does just that.

you can cut it by mixing it with water.

Leo
    Quote Originally Posted by uhoh_evo
    There's a new product out that doesn't give it that wet look but gives it the new tire (matte) look. Could you do some comparisons w/ that vs. One of the "wet" look products. I haven't seen anything but in the commercial for it.

I personally used meguiars on customers cars but after starting black magic i found through same application method and same amount it had a nicer, wet looking showroom shine especially for black cars. I leave it up to the customer though iono how you got that shine with the meguiars when I apply tit looks more like the orange cars matte finish on the tire. But good comparison nonetheless
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

nothing special... just spray on and took the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by player67
    I personally used meguiars on customers cars but after starting black magic i found through same application method and same amount it had a nicer, wet looking showroom shine especially for black cars. I leave it up to the customer though iono how you got that shine with the meguiars when I apply tit looks more like the orange cars matte finish on the tire. But good comparison nonetheless

I've been using Chemical Guy's Extreme VRP. It is dry to the touch, doesn't run, not greasy and leaves a satin finish - not high gloss.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast

yeah, same with Adam's VRT. I've heard that Adam uses the same manufacture as CG so a lot of products are very similar.

Just about EVERY off the shelve product I've seen would run. The trick is to give it a quick wipe down after it sits in for a while. this would of course reduce the amount of shine, but also reduce/eliminate the sling and run.

i never use gel, i hate gel...

Quote Originally Posted by ZK
    I've been using Chemical Guy's Extreme VRP. It is dry to the touch, doesn't run, not greasy and leaves a satin finish - not high gloss.