Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmunds Tests the '09 Lancer Ralliart

Default Edmunds Tests the '09 Lancer Ralliart

They Could Have Called It an Evo
    With all the Evolution-grade hardware on the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, we doubt anyone would get angry if the company appended "Evo" to its name. More important, the Ralliart is a nicely resolved machine in its own right. It's not as polished as the Evo X, but you can have nearly as much fun with it.

The Ralliart is also more entertaining than just about any of its direct competitors. Even so, we suspect its impressive plate of technology could make it significantly more expensive than a comparably equipped WRX or Mazdaspeed 3. Given the $38K price tag on an Evo MR with the twin-clutch box, we wouldn't be surprised if the 2009 Lancer Ralliart ends up with a price tag near $30,000.

And that might mean that some of you will still be looking at used Evos......

Read Full Review Here;
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1#2

Default Re: Edmunds Tests the '09 Lancer Ralliart

30k?

why in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    30k?

why in the world...
    Seriously!
    Eat me

I'm 100% positive that they wont MSRP at $30k. It'd either kill Evo GSR sales, or be suicide for the RA since only a few grand more gets you the full on Evo.

My guess is;

$26k Base
    Â* Â*+$2,000 Nav & Tech package
    Â* Â*+$2,000 Recaros & HID's Package

This way makes most sense to me. I think Edmunds meant with all the parts in there it's alot of value and worth $30k?

5. Default Re: Edmunds Tests the '09 Lancer Ralliart

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    I'm 100% positive that they wont MSRP at $30k. It'd either kill Evo GSR sales, or be suicide for the RA since only a few grand more gets you the full on Evo.

My guess is;

$26k Base
    Â* Â*+$2,000 Nav & Tech package
    Â* Â*+$2,000 Recaros & HID's Package

This way makes most sense to me. I think Edmunds meant with all the parts in there it's alot of value and worth $30k?
    yeah, that seems more reasonable........and if it was 26K a hell of bargain still IMO.

i would get the plain jane ralliart (no packages), throw on an evo intercooler, have GST or SpeedElement tune the hell out of it, coilovers/swaybar, and new shoes, and be done with it..............or just keep my 03 :-)
    Nujabes - Modal Soul<br /><br />

even for 26k, I would think most enthusiasts would be looking to purchasing available Evo VIIIs and IXs, since used ones would be that amount or less once the RA hits.

Nice to know that the engine in the RA is the exact same as the Evo X though. Man, what potential! Think of all the Evo X guys dumping their turbos to upgrade, then the RA guys will swoop up the X turbos for cheap
    My '05 WW Evo / my '99 FGP Prelude:
    http://superfleajq.myownfreeweb.com/

aint 26k for this RA cost more then regular WRX or MS3? any one will rock a EVO9 at 26k then this detune evoX.
    Drive : Elantra<br />Commute : &#039;08-250r<br />Built: &#039;90-Tsi

Quote Originally Posted by 009
    aint 26k for this RA cost more then regular WRX or MS3? any one will rock a EVO9 at 26k then this detune evoX.
    ya I agree I see used evo sales killing the RA sales, except for people who just dont know any better and want a new car.

^There will be that type of person. Some people just don't like used cars, because of unknown abuse. My parents are those type of people.
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Same here I dont really mess with any used performance car.....
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST