Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2006 Evo IX RS build w/ help from the guys at FULL FUNCTION

Default My 2006 Evo IX RS build w/ help from the guys at FULL FUNCTION

Thought i'd start a thread to document the "evolution" of my car.

If some of you don't know i bought the car off Sean G. "racers" when it spun a balance shaft bearing.Â*

I knew i was going with a built motor anyway so it was a great platform to start with even thought it had plenty of mods done to it.

With the help of the guys at FFTEC we are making one serious street/strip monster.

Here are some pics as i yanked the motor out :

Here are the pistons and rods:

We are pushing 34 psi right now and probably will go as high as 40psi so we o-ringed the block:

While we had things apart we decided to test out FFTEC's Intake Manifold and 75mm TB

We got things back together pretty quick but made one bad decision as far as clutch goes.

We tried out an ACT HD w/ street disc and basically killed it.

The car did make 527Hp / 423Tq on 34psi on just a single walbro 255.

At this point we were able to go just 11.2 @ 131mph as the car would not allow me to dis-engage the clutch fast enough to allow shifts past 8000 rpmÂ* :x

We tried what we could bleeding the clutch and adjusting but nothing worked.

So that leaves us to where we are today...........i'll post up some more pics of the new mods i just have to snap a few and upload them for you guys/gals.

Stay tuned we hope to have some exciting things to go on the car now and hope to drop ET's quickly as i can now shift the car at any rpm QUICKLYÂ*

Feel free to ask questions or make comments.

Default Re: My 2006 Evo IX RS build w/ help from the guys at FULL FUNCTION

With the new clutch you're gonna defintely moving down the track. Can't wait to get mine

Pat, you should post up some of your time slips if you have them. Oh yeah, stop wasting time with your girl, get your ass over here and finish your car.

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry@FFTEC
    Pat, you should post up some of your time slips if you have them. Oh yeah, stop wasting time with your girl, get your ass over here and finish your car.

Jerry
    You would know that i come by even if i say i may not but you're never there past 7pm so take that................who do you think helps Jesse and Sean push cars in huh???

Go feed Peanut LOL!

Default Been a long time since i've updated this thread LOL UPDATE 10/26/10

Well it's been a long time since i've updated this thread for anyone looking!

2009 was a good year for my Evo ...........ran 9.90 @ 146.5 mph making it the first and only Mitsu 4g63 powered car to run a 9 sec pass and also in July of 09 i took 1st place at the CMI race in the T4 class.

2010 however would turn out to be a much different story..........

Hey all thought it would be a good time to give a brief update on my Evo.

Let's just say that after a great 2009 season that 2010 has been a HUGE disappointment

Not to mention the health issues my fiance has been going through have taken a toll on the amount of time i have been spending working on the car, racing, and simply being at the shop like normally.

After getting the cage in the car , swapping to the stock ecu, switching to a full slick (26" MT ET Drag), the car was ready to enter all the events possible this summer but we ran into a rather annoying issue with my clutch/trans.

I've only had the car out to the track twice this year but each time was plagued with mis-shifts into 2nd gear

Here are the vids from the last time out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfXlNnOMFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVGHG8A-n4

That was the 2nd time out experiencing mis-shifts so needless to say it was time to take the trans out and inspect everything before we head back out.

Want to thank Dave W. and the guys at the shop FFTEC MOTORSPORTS for really supporting me and taking care of the tedious work of r&ring the trans and clutch and not a moment too soon.

The QM twin had been in there since 6/2008 and has seen numerous launches, 9000rpms shifts, and plenty of dyno sessions.

Amazinngly enough the discs still had plenty of life on them but the PP and floater plate both showed signs of warpage and the f/w also showed some disc material adhered to it.

While he was in there Dave did me a huge favor and took the trans apart and decided it was time to replace a few more items to get it to shift like it did in the past although no matter what i don't think the synchros like the 9000 rpm shift much lol.

Time for a little update!

Well now that the car has the break-in miles the weather had not been good so gotta sit out and wait until it dries up enough to go out and do my licensing passes since i have my physical paperwork done.

I picked up a set of the AWD Motorsports D2 c/o's and have tossed them on but have yet to set the final ride height which should get done on Fri and will have it aligned up afterwards.

My car hooked up very well on the stock struts and just some Tein S-techs (numerous 1.5X 60's) but i wanted to shed some weight and also get the rear up a bit as the Teins seemed too low in the rear which in the vids bottomed out quickly which imo made the fronts spin easier so with the increas in suspension travel and the soft rear spring i hope it does the trick.

Install was pretty straight forward but i still have a few things to get dialed in at the track.
    They did save a total of 24lbs ( F = 16 / R = 6)

Old front:

New front:

Old rear:

New rear:

While i was in there i decided to snap a couple pics to show the quick diff in flipping the ecentric upper bolt on the front 2 strut bolts (oem position was with white dot towards the inside of the wheel well)

Stock:

Flipped:

And so i still need to figure out where i want the ride height set i'm thinking from floor to top of wheel arch (F = 25" / R = 26-26.5")

But for now it's SLAMMED lol check it out!

very nice!!...... WW is the best lol
    DRASTIC!
    J-n-R Performance
    BlazinBuilt

Infidel

MCLMM

Default UPDATED 8/15/11

Thought it was about time to make an official post to keep people informed about the status of my Evo.

Here are a couple links to threads from the first part of 2011:

http://evoempire.org...-racing-season/

http://evoempire.org...11/page__st__40

http://evoempire.org...e-up-cmi-61211/

Cliff Notes (best ET = 9.825 fastest MPH = 142.735)

Car was running well and still had a bit more with that set-up but as most of us i got a little ansy to put some more mods on the car to make it quicker and faster.

Then 1 day i decided to really get serious and build an all out DRAG CAR

Just so happened that Jesse our fab guy was selling his 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX that he has been building and is almost complete save for a fuel system and some wiring...........and of course all the safety equipment needed for drag racing but it has a fully built 2.0L / fully ported and built head w/ ferrea products / Jacks Trans / FFTEC SMIM / Jesse's own custome fab'd top mount 6262 turbo set-up / minor wire tuck / etc.

So i was about to pull the trigger and SELL the Evo to fund a full out build and even had a buyer ready to move on it but with all the work going on at the shop i couldn't keep the car down any longer then it had been already as sponsors want the car out doing what it's supposed to be doing...........RACING!

The 2G will sit until i decide what i want to do with it (build it next year, sell it whole, or part it out) as i'm seriously interested in a big turbo / auto / N20 car / AWD drag car

So here we are now.

I decided that it was time to make some changes that could be done with the rest of the guys plugging away at the rest of the daily work.

And boy was it a good decision as when i pulled the head off the car i could see that the HG was compromised in a few spots but the comp & leakdown tests recently shown great results 170-175 across and 3-5% leeakdown lol

So in come some new parts to hopefully make some significant changes:

- Fully ported and polished head w/ Supertech 0.5mm oversized valves, 5 angle valve job,new valve guides, etc, Kiggly beehive springs, Kiggly HLA

- FFTEC V2 SMIM

- AWD Motorsports aluminum D/S & Torque Solutions bushings

- Half sized Koyo radiator w/ -12 AN fittings

- Car will be going back on an AEM and will get a brand new SPARKTECH PRO IGNITION SYSTEM

- Picked up some M&H 24.5" slicks to test vs the MT 26" ET Drags

- Possibly picking up PTE 6765 but maybe later this winter when we have time to build a manifold and upgrade the ICP'ing as well as it's sitting in a box waiting to be cut and welded...............

Anyway that's enough typing on to the pics (some pics will be added when they are being fab'd and /or arrive from shipping)

D/S:

Last edited by PAT@FFTEC; 08-15-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Stock head removed:

Exhaust Port:

Intake Port:

L19 Headstuds (no stretching here):