Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmunds does it again! FULL TEST: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Default Re: Edmunds does it again! FULL TEST: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Yes but what does a "fully loaded" RA get you? Recaros and the higher end stereo? Recaros come standard on the Evo. Plus you get 60hp more standard, a bunch more torque, a much better handling car, etc.

I can see this also helping the GTS sales as well. To the average performance buyer, the GTS probably doesn't feel that much off performance handling wise than the RA.
    Ralliart Loaded @ $30k:
    Recaros
    HID's
    Navi
    FASTkey

GSR Base @ $33k:
    Recaros
    Brembos
    Better Handling
    No HID's
    No Navi
    No FASTkey

I think the average person is more likely to desire cosmetic features over Brembos and handling. Unless your needs include what the RA doesn't offer. But in that scenario, you probably weren't looking into a Lancer anyway.

ya at 30k these deff arent going to be eating into evo x sales, I still think sane people will buy a used evo IX for the same price as this and get a much better platform to start.

You left out the 60hp more, AYC, wheels, better tires, etc etc

You left out the 60hp more, AYC, wheels, better tires, etc etc
    I kinda included it vaguely in "Better handling".

And 60 more hp shouldn't be a huge selling point as that can be had for less then $3k in the aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by D7

And 60 more hp shouldn't be a huge selling point as that can be had for less then $3k in the aftermarket.
    If you are going to start bringing that into the equation, you can get 60whp more out of the base evo for $600.

If the RA had just a 5spd instead of SST, would you be defending it as much?

If the RA had just a 5spd instead of SST, would you be defending it as much?
    I'm not defending the RA because of SST. I'm saying it's a better choice (depending on needs) if it's close to the GSR in price when fully loaded.

The RA also has a different chassis material than the EVO. I think the RA only has the aluminum hood from the EVO. The chassis is not as stiff.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

I still think they should have put a 5spd in it like the WRXs, and offered a regular automatic for people that don't like to shift.
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    The RA also has a different chassis material than the EVO.Â* I think the RA only has the aluminum hood from the EVO.Â* The chassis is not as stiff.

nebo
    but at the same time, the Evo X was like twice as rigid at the evo 8/9. i dont remember exactly, there were two different things, rigidity and somethign else too the same affect

I don't like it... the idea of a mini-Evo is good but that car doesn't hit the sweet spot. It doesn't look good at all.

I don't think people shopping in this price range will get this car. It's not inexpensive enough to hit the "tooner" market and it is too pricey for someone shopping for an Evo. And like all Mitsubishi products - it doesn't have mass market appeal.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast