Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmunds does it again! FULL TEST: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Default Edmunds does it again! FULL TEST: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Last one was a first drive....now they have done the whole thing.

Full review here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

Bottom Line:
    If you can't manage the price of an Evo GSR, the Ralliart will take you more than halfway there for about $6,000 less.

Personally I love this new Ralliart and I can't wait to see them on the street and coming to meets and stuff. I'm glad Mitsu gave the car this power, price and looks.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Default Re: Edmunds does it again! FULL TEST: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Wow...It's still 3500 lbs.
    '06 IX WW RS

I'm actually surprised it doesn't weigh more since it doesn't have any aluminum suspension bits.

I'm still perplexed about the pricing. I think if they put the 5spd in there and brought the cost down to 24-25k it would be much more attractive.

if they're right and it's pushing close to 30k, I don't see many people purchasing this.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

What are they thinking ?..Mitsu execs must have bumped heads all at the same time..Huh...Bryan?

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    if they're right and it's pushing close to 30k, I don't see many people purchasing this.

nebo
    '06 IX WW RS

^Drive the SST and then you'll see what all the rage is about. Until then you can't really judge Mitsu for not releasing a 5-Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    $30k Fully Loaded is a good price to me. Not the best, but fair.

^^^ From a price perspective I can judge all I want. It is apparent..not judgemental.
    '06 IX WW RS

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    ^Drive the SST and then you'll see what all the rage is about. Until then you can't really judge Mitsu for not releasing a 5-Speed.
    I don't think the SST is going to save this. I could be wrong. At the end of the day, to the general car buyer, it's a Lancer with some evo parts that costs not much less than an Evo.

If Mitsu did this to increase Evo sales, then it will probably be a winner. People will come in looking and realize what's another couple grand when financing, and get the Evo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    If Mitsu did this to increase Evo sales, then it will probably be a winner. People will come in looking and realize what's another couple grand when financing, and get the Evo instead.
    Yup. That's why if they are trying to sell these, a fully loaded Ralliart at $30k is a good price. Considering you'd have to spend $37k for a fully loaded GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Yup. That's why if they are trying to sell these, a fully loaded Ralliart at $30k is a good price. Considering you'd have to spend $37k for a fully loaded GSR.
    Yes but what does a "fully loaded" RA get you? Recaros and the higher end stereo? Recaros come standard on the Evo. Plus you get 60hp more standard, a bunch more torque, a much better handling car, etc.

I can see this also helping the GTS sales as well. To the average performance buyer, the GTS probably doesn't feel that much off performance handling wise than the RA.