Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: forum soft(another post whore thred)

Default forum soft(another post whore thred)

So when is the owner of this forum going to upgrade to a decent forum soft, like vbulletin ir IPB.
    I know they must make ok money off the forum. SMF is ok for person/small site, but for a site of this size it really needs to upgrade to somthing better.

Default Re: forum soft

.....and nebo said "let there be an upgrade".

And on the seventh day, NCE purchased an upgrade.

umm nebo doesnt own the site so I doubt he would be the one saying "let there be an upgrade."
    Eat me

I'm under the impression nebo is part owner along with drmosh, coolguy and Jan.

unless nebo didnt want people to know that and there for blatantly told people he doesnt have ownership in the site then I would have to disagree.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    So when is the owner of this forum going to upgrade to a decent forum soft, like vbulletin ir IPB.
    I know they must make ok money off the forum. SMF is ok for person/small site, but for a site of this size it really needs to upgrade to somthing better.
    I think you are disillusioned... you really think vbulletin or IPB is better just because it's paid? That's how little you know about software... vbulletin has one of the worst database structures on the market... it becomes ridiculously slow with large implementations. SMF is the MOST secure implementation of PHP out there and also has the fastest database structure.

and... burn!
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by drmosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I think you are disillusioned... you really think vbulletin or IPB is better just because it's paid? That's how little you know about software... vbulletin has one of the worst database structures on the market... it becomes ridiculously slow with large implementations. SMF is the MOST secure implementation of PHP out there and also has the fastest database structure.
    Do you have any facts to back that statement up? I know from personally experience that SMF is slow on forums with a larger member base. Also the feature list leaves a lot to be desired, and from a purely superficial standpoint SMF to me looks like ass.

oooooohhh, battle of the powers that be.... **grabbing popcorn**