Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there!

Default Hey there!

Hey my name is John, im 17 and I live in Sacramento. I currently have a stage XII or something, 300zx TT. Mods:

Dual intake
    JWT Ecu
    JWT Sport 530 Ball Bearing Turbo upgrade (11.5 psi)
    Stillen Oil Cooler
    Stillen intercoolers
    Labree straight pipes / exhaust
    NISMO 555cc Injectors
    Stillen Short Throw Shifter

Pioneer DVD player
    Autometer C2 A-pillar gauges
    Stillen GTZ fascia
    Stillen TypeIII CF wing
    BBS wheels

Anyways thats my current ride but I've recently (last few months) been falling in love with the evo :P Ive been surfin this forum and SoCalEvo.net and everyone here (and there) seems like really nice people. I will *hopefully* be getting an '05 evo pretty soon too, so I can join in on the fun! I see some of you guys crews Sunrise, which is sweet. Anyways even though I dont have an evo yet I thought I'd register and say hello, maybe get to know a few people and learn some things before I get behind the wheel! My first question will be - do I get the MR or stay with standard evo and get Leather/roof/sound package? Right now as it stands I think I'd rather have the standard evo with those rather nice luxuries. Hope to see you guys around some time, feel free to hit me up on AIM! C ya

Default Hey there!

GET THE MR!!!!!!!!! ,BUT BETTER YET, WAIT FOR THE EVO IX!!!!!!!!!

Default Hey there!

welcome! you should read this article first http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3388 before you make your decision

Default Hey there!

I dont think I can wait for the IX!! :shock: Why would you recomend the MR? I know it has a closer gear ratio 6 speed tranny, bilstein shocks (improved ride?), lightweight wheels. But the reason Im leaning towards the standard evo is because of the nice leather interior, and sunroof! Its a hard decision, to sacrafice performance for that. :?

Default Hey there!

Quote Originally Posted by brwnrice
    welcome! you should read this article first http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3388 before you make your decision
    Hey thanks for the headsup!

Default Hey there!

Quote Originally Posted by MitsubishZ
    I dont think I can wait for the IX!! :shock: Why would you recomend the MR? I know it has a closer gear ratio 6 speed tranny, bilstein shocks (improved ride?), lightweight wheels. But the reason Im leaning towards the standard evo is because of the nice leather interior, and sunroof! Its a hard decision, to sacrafice performance for that. :?
    i'd rather take performance and weight saving before luxury.

i don't care for a sunroof and leather interior for a sports car. rather have an aluminun roof and race buckets. (but that's just me)

choose what makes you happy.

-jbigs

Default Hey there!

yeah well, coming from the Z I think I'd like a few more luxuries. It does have leather, but I'd really like a sunroof. If the MR came with a sunroof, Im pretty sure I could pass up the leather. I know this sounds stupid but, the sunroof is a pretty big deal for me Ive got some time to decide, so in the meantime I'll make this forum my homepage and cruise around here. Im goin to sleep, later!

Default Hey there!

just go to the dealer and check out both see how they feel both for the comfort and ride that youre lookin for, i know i wouldnt get leather seats on an evo maybe a different car like a g35 but definitely not on an evo

Default Hey there!

Welcome, what color is your Nissan. Im on Sunrise about once a month or so.
    www.SPEED6MOTORSPORTS.com

Default Hey there!

Welcome!

They are both going to be awesome for you.
    Just go and see which suits you better, cuz you will be the only one driving the evo, not us.

Make yourself happy!