Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please do not spam the boards with utter useless threads

Default Re: Please do not spam the boards with utter useless threads

ahh very good points. I skip most OT stuff so I didn't even realise that was happening
    Eat me

I didn't see them as any different from those "Your valuable opinion on" threads from a while back.

If those threads bothered anyone then I apologize.

The thing is that everyone knows each other here on these boards and it's fun to BS. We had a nice breakfast at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles here in Long Beach with a bunch of guys down here for MOD. We know each other and it's like a band of brothers in a way. This is what I like over evom, we actually meet each other and when we aren't near each other we can still BS on the boards. I have recommended this before and I'll do it again, if you really don't want to deal with all the crap of clutter, make the off-topic section not visible on the main page, like on evom. On evom, if you want to go into off-topic, then you actually have to go there through the forums page link. Then we can make all the BS threads without really cluttering up the main page.

Now that being said, we need more mods to make sure the informative threads are actually cleaned up and stay on topic. I can understand a post of two with off-topic banter, but once the off-topic crap takes over an informative thread, then I totally understand Nebo's point of view.

I haven't been on that much since last week and apparently there has been a lot of drama to the point where key people want to take a break from the forum and to me that is really utter bullshit, there should be no need to EVER have to drive people out. Maybe it's people being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, I don't know, like I said I haven't been on much so I don't understand the situation completely. But that is why we need mods and Admins, to keep order and to.... OMG moderate and keep the peace and stand in neutrality. Please keep that type of bullshit off the boards since we should all get along, it is an evo enthusiast boards after all, funny BS threads like what if you had to sleep with Ben (I heard he is a devil in the sack BTW ) aren't really that big of a deal since we would probably say that type of BS at meets every week anyway so it's actually something that makes the day go by faster at work.

Sorry for the long post but really, there are some people taking shit way too seriously and you guys need to cut that shit out because it's affecting the forums and that to me is what needs more attention.

PS. Nebo, you left your socks in my room last night, were you really in that much of a rush to leave me this morning? :shock:
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Quote Originally Posted by dabaysevo
    Nebo, you left your socks in my room last night, were you really in that much of a rush to leave me this morning? :shock:

BAN!!!!!!!!! USELESS CLUTTER!!!!!!!!! hahahaha.

I'd have to agree, I think some of the threads on the forum are somewhat useless, and some of the threads that would seem very informative get almost no attention. But I can definitely see why, if you are using NCE as a scapegoat at work, the useless crap does have it's comical relief. Many threads tend to merge off topic, and I can be blamed for some of it... but I think there's some members that contribute more BS then worthy info (not to say anything I type is worthy... I'm a tool). But what exactly are you proposing Nebo? A ban of certain characters that bring nothing to the table other then irritation? Stronger presence of mods/admins?

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

yes ban of certain individuals that clutter the site.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

When it comes to general topic discussions or in offtopic as well?
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    yes ban of certain individuals that clutter the site.

nebo
    Uh oh me and Sebas better go hide!

In our defense we do not clutter "the site". We may post BS topics but those are rare occassions and are strictly in Off Topic.

As far as going Off Topic in General sections that's something that it seems everyone enjoys whether it be Vendors, Regular Members, even Mods+Admin. I'm not excusing it, just saying it seems to be the norm. Right now it's easy to catch a few pointless threads but the issue is more than 1, 2 or even 10 people.

I would say, start at the top, lead as an example and everyone will whip into shape. That's not directed to anyone, just a vague personal opinion.

Do as I say, not as I do. :lol: :lol:

Emperor

SpeedElement
    Gst
    OniSF
    DetailAddict

it might just be the twelve pake talking but this is kinda a poo tless subject IMO. I don't see why we don't have a points systen in place or maybe a warning thing or somethinh. In theory that's the fairest way to go.. Chanced I'll be banker in a week but oh well. Fair is fair right :?
    Eat me