Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foam Gun + Pressure Washer...

Default Re: Foam Gun + Pressure Washer...

it looks like the cars have been in some snow! lol

does the pressure washer make a big difference over a standard hose when washing the car?
    My '05 WW Evo / my '99 FGP Prelude:
    http://superfleajq.myownfreeweb.com/

Must see "after" pictures! 8)

ive never been a fan of pressure wasing the body of my car. i feel its too forceful on the surface and the contaminates on the surface, pushing them into the finish if you will. and for rincing i only use flowing water from a hose, no nozzle to create pressure(helps with water spotting and even drying)

on a nice clean car, not really... but those with a lot of dirt and dust where your standard hose won't rinse off, it does. with that said, it really helps in reducing the introduction of new new swirls during wash. I still do two bucket wash with this setup. Just trying to go for the best for my loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by superfleajq
    it looks like the cars have been in some snow! lol

does the pressure washer make a big difference over a standard hose when washing the car?

pictures don't do the justice... you have to see the wash in person.

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    Must see "after" pictures! 8)

it's actually okay... all the pro guys do it... plus, most of the guns allows you to adjust the pressure. and the most important thing is if you keep you distance, the pressure would drop dramatically.

I use the pressure washer to rinse off all the 'big stuff', then change attachment to my foam gun, wash the car by hand using 2 bucket system, then change attachment again and without the pressure washer to rinse off the soap. If you use the pressure washer for the final rinse, it's a pain to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
    ive never been a fan of pressure wasing the body of my car. i feel its too forceful on the surface and the contaminates on the surface, pushing them into the finish if you will. and for rincing i only use flowing water from a hose, no nozzle to create pressure(helps with water spotting and even drying)

have you noticed anything come from a pressure washer, as far as damage? am i running on a wives tale by not using one?

Check out some pro detailing forums like autopia.org or detailingbliss.com. I've seen people talking about damages, but many pros would share their good experience with pressure washers. I remember some guy was on a 3000psi pressure washer UP CLOSE and no damage. One guy brought up the same question and claim the pressure washer induced swirl marks on the paint surface. But after some analysis, the swirl pattern just couldn't have come from a pressure washer and most likely due to bad polishing job and was covered by sealant/wax. By using pressure washer, sealant/wax was stripped and expose the swirl marks.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
    have you noticed anything come from a pressure washer, as far as damage? am i running on a wives tale by not using one?

to give you an idea... some of the dirt on wheels or even tree saps on paint won't come off with pressure washer deepening on your pressure setting and distant with the washer. I use a 1500psi Karcher electric pressure washer and it's plenty good for me. Remember, when the pressure washer says x psi, doesn't mean all that psi would hit your paint by the time it reaches the paint surface.

good bits of info! thank again leo!