Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foam Gun + Pressure Washer...

Default Re: Foam Gun + Pressure Washer...

I think damage with a pressure washer happens when there is pre-existing damage. Like if there is already a chip through the paint to the metal and you use a pressure washer on that area it can cause that chip to flake off further. On a well maintained car I don't see an issue with it.

My car is the one with the RPF1's!!!
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

no problem man. if you want, come by when I detail at SE (I'll be there today from 4:30PM) and I'll show you my setup.

you dont need to use a pressure washer to get foam like that, I have the autogeek foam gun that works with the hose. I put a brass restrictor piece before it to get more pressure and I can foam my car to look just like that. I couldnt live without the foam gun best thing on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailAddict
    no problem man. if you want, come by when I detail at SE (I'll be there today from 4:30PM) and I'll show you my setup.
    i wont be in the fremont area until late tonight for the UCKK meet. i will definately swing by one of these days to bs with you though and see what your all about :P

sounds good! otherwise, I'll be at the Capitol Mitsubishi meet and doing demo that day. Swing by!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailAddict
    i wont be in the fremont area until late tonight for the UCKK meet. i will definately swing by one of these days to bs with you though and see what your all about :P

yeah, some location might have enough pressure for certain foam gun to work. but unfortunately for me, I am mobile and I can't don't have same greater water pressure everywhere I go. Pressure washer is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by leaveit2bevo
    you dont need to use a pressure washer to get foam like that, I have the autogeek foam gun that works with the hose. I put a brass restrictor piece before it to get more pressure and I can foam my car to look just like that. I couldnt live without the foam gun best thing on earth.

Need after pics!

do you use the same soap in the bucket as you do in the gun?

Eu sou um tubarão, o chão é o meu oceano.

Yes, I use Adam's Car Wash for the gun and the bucket...

Quote Originally Posted by evil-ution
    do you use the same soap in the bucket as you do in the gun?