Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning suede interior... how are YOU doing it?

Default Re: Cleaning suede interior... how are YOU doing it?

ah, excellent find! thanks!

For the gum on suede problem...

Remove Chewing Gum Stains From:
    Suede

Very carefully scrape to remove excess. Gently rub an artgum eraser over the remaining substance. If any stain remains, cautiously rub the spot with an emery board or extra fine (number 000) sandpaper. In either case, you are removing a fine layer of the hide, so work slowly and carefully.

This excerpt must have been saved from one of those how-to websites or something. But I tried it in my old car and it worked fine. Didn't have to resort to the sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ZK
    Diluted woollite solution and rub with a towel.
    Thats worked wonders for me!

You should clean suede only with products recommended for suede leather rather than just using a general leather cleaner. Vinegar or soap may also be used to clean suede in some cases, but you should always test any cleaning products on an area of the suede item that does not show. Suede stains very easily, so the best way to avoid having to clean suede constantly is by spraying on a good protective spray made exclusively for suede leather.

A suede eraser or a pencil eraser is a good item to have on hand when you clean suede. A suede eraser is a block-shaped cleaning tool made for cleaning suede. The cleaner in the eraser forms crumb-like particles that help to get under the surface of the suede to lift up ground-in soil. A dried stain may come out of suede if you apply pressure with a pencil eraser, or a suede eraser.

for the gum... freeze it.

another helpful hint.... thanks leo!

np, sorry that i didn't see this thread until now... I just added notification to this section so I'll see an email with any new thread/post in here. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8

Quote Originally Posted by DetailAddict
    np, sorry that i didn't see this thread until now... I just added notification to this section so I'll see an email with any new thread/post in here. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
    i got a question if you dont mind. I got a couple spots on my trunk where i let some bird crap sit too long. Now i have these dull spots where it ate through the clear. I tried some Poorboys polishing agents by hand with no luck...Any advice. I dont have a porter cable or anything like that, all has to be done by hand. TIA

Hey, you want to start a new thread in this section so I can answer it there? This way it would be easier for other folks to see. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP
    i got a question if you dont mind. I got a couple spots on my trunk where i let some bird crap sit too long. Now i have these dull spots where it ate through the clear. I tried some Poorboys polishing agents by hand with no luck...Any advice. I dont have a porter cable or anything like that, all has to be done by hand. TIA

good call leo.