Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning suede interior... how are YOU doing it?

Default Cleaning suede interior... how are YOU doing it?

ok, so most of us have this suede wrapping our seats, so my question to you guys is what method and/or products are you using to both freshen up, and remove spills made by babies and such the reason why im worrying now is cuz as it ages, i notice it is lossing it "feel", so im just trying to maintain it a little and try and bring some back.

if you have any input Leo that would be great too! TIA!

Default Re: Cleaning suede interior... how are YOU doing it?

When I had a car with decent interior I would use this suede shoe cleaner stuff.. Spray, scrub, dab. Its just the stuff that footlocker sells. Worked pretty good for me.
    Eat me

thinking outside the box. thats what i like about you steve. good idea!

dish soap and warm water has always worked well on the alcantra for me.

i just worry about water sometimes. its easy to damage suede with it. i wipe down the seats usually with a damp rag, but i actually need to clean them this time. kids juice cups and snacks have left a few spots that are driving me crazy. my car is usually 100% spotless, so time to bring it back.

Damn, does anyone know how to get gum off the seats? My girlfriend's IS has the same stuff, and one nihgt we drove my retarded drunk friend home. He was sitting on the curb before we loaded him in, and was apparently sitting on a piece of gum, which is now firmly stuck to the seat. I got most of it off, but there's still some there that's pissing me off.

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry@FFTEC
    Damn, does anyone know how to get gum off the seats? My girlfriend's IS has the same stuff, and one nihgt we drove my retarded drunk friend home. He was sitting on the curb before we loaded him in, and was apparently sitting on a piece of gum, which is now firmly stuck to the seat. I got most of it off, but there's still some there that's pissing me off.

Jerry
    Yeah. Freeze it with an icecube, flake it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry@FFTEC

Jerry
    Yeah. Freeze it with an icecube, flake it off.
    oh snap, that actually works? It's worth a shot, I'll try it tonight.

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Peanut butter? :lol:
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    Peanut butter? :lol:
    Then you need gum to get the peanut butter off!
    :lol:
    05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 3&quot; TBE with Cat. Stock boost control system. 260whp / 260 lb-ft torque<br />92 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD