Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather Recaro Seats

Default Leather Recaro Seats

Hey guys,

I totally forgot about the show and shine part of the forums.

Okay well I like to keep my car as clean as possible. As much as I'd like to have my in PERFECT condition, I always find things that remind me nothing can be perfect. Like everytime I wash my car, I find something new whether it be a scratch or a rock chip. So I noticed this morning that there are deep creases in my leather Recaro seats, on the left side bolster on the drivers seat and the right side bolster on the passengers seat. I know its something small, but I'm a real meticulous person. Anyone know of any products that can restore the leather or at least make the creases less noticeable? Or anyone even have these creases in their seats? Because I know I have a big ass, but I didnt know it could do this much to the seats.

Default Re: Leather Recaro Seats

a conditioner might be about all there is to do without physically repairing/replacing anything. Lexol makes some good cleaners and conditioners for leather

I'm not sure if there is actually anything you can do repair the creases. But what you can do is try and prevent further damaging to the seat. You can use some leather cleaning stuff, which will make the leather soft.

not much you can do at this point... Just keep it clean and conditioned from now on...

I have kept my leather seats cleaned and conditioned.. Would it have prevented these creases? I'm thinking not, but I could be wrong.

just less likely to wrinkle some more when it's well conditioned...

You may do the following, but take great care.

To remove wrinkles you may use an iron but do NOT put iron directly in contact with leather. Use a 100% COTTON cloth in between the leather garment and the iron. Do not use high heat with the iron either and do not leave the iron on the garment for very long. Use caution and you should be able to remove the wrinkles yourself without getting this professionally done.

You can also try using a blow dryer but do not put in direct contact with leather. If it is not too badly wrinkled, then the blow dryer may work. Always use extreme caution and patience.

So for the blow dryer.. Should I put a 100% cotton shirt as well? And when blowdrying out the wrinkles.. Should I stretch out the seat or just put the shirt over it and start blowdrying?

use 100% cotton clothe between the leather and blow dryer. not sure what you mean by 'stretch out the seat'...

Well like say for shoes, if the toebox is leather you can really see creases. If you stuff the shoes, the creases are less noticeable because the leather is stretched. So should I kinda like, pull on the bolster to lighten up the crease, and then blow dry it? Or just, shirt, leather, blowdryer. And what setting on the blowdryer? Hot or warm? Thanks for answering my many questions.. I'd go have my car detailed by you but I live in Sacramento. My car would just eat bugs and what not on the way home and the car wouldnt be clean anymore. I remember reading somewhere that someone suggested you do a detailing day in Sacramento, I'd definitely be there!

you should the the combo, 'stretch' and blow dry at the same time. Idea is to 'flatten' it out. Every dryer have different temp so it's hard to say. But always start low to be safe. Don't over work a spot (sit the dryer at the same spot for minutes), use it like an iron where you would never let it sit a one spot for long.

also remember, when it's hot out and parked outside, the seats get SUPER hot. And of course, they don't fall apart immediately. Just be careful, but keeping temp too low might not do anything for you either.

yeah, if I have enough interest, I don't mind coming up for a detail day.