Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Any evo owners in the fairfield area?

Default Re: Any evo owners in the fairfield area?

DECOY, Yeah i heard that especially in this economy lol. Well I definitely do like the X's interior very nice and definitely more luxurious than its predecessors. However, I am just so use to the older body style. I still think the knew evo looks great though. I just cant wait to see yours so you can show me more about it closer. And grey is definitely my favorite color.

I'm not surprised that you're used to the older style... I hear that from everyone and to be honest, so am I. The new look is great and is definitely a step forward; but something did get lost in the new style. For me it was the fact that it started as a Lancer and had all this stuff thrown on it and given internals to take a beating: this to me was a huge part of the appeal. This new one though... you can tell they started in reverse; it's gone from Evo to Lancer. It's not a bad thing, just different and of course it'll take some getting used to. It's still an excellent car and largely the same Evo we've all come to know and love; just a bit more grown up.

You know, I always thought that... if the subie's can get even a small meet going, there's got to be enough Evo's around here to get a meet going too.

I can try for next Friday to meet... but don't hold me to that just yet.
    2008 GG Evo X MR
    Mods: ???????, Cobb Tuning Turbo Inlet Hose, Perrin Drop-In Filter

Yeah definitely. I still think the new evo has hope in it. And I am sure we will all get use to it. Definitely an interesting change.

I think there are plenty of evos to start a small meet. Hell I have seen about 4 others on base already so it should be a decent evo crown in the area. Im not too familiar with the area so we will have to find a decent location.

I'm in Vallejo. I think there used to be a FF/Vacaville meet...but it kinda fizzled out. You guys should come out to the Pleasant Hill Meet on Thursdays...cool group of Evo owners.
    2008 WW Evo X GSR SSS - GReddy Ti-C Cat-back-Work XT7 18x9.5 +20 -Nisei Engineering Matte Black UICP - Works Shifter Bushings-Works Ride Springs-K&N Drop In -GST Boost Pill

Digitally Remastered by Bryan@GST
    Current Powah: 305 whp/305wtq on GST Dyno.
    www.gstmotorsports.com

I think I remember hearing about that meet..was that over at Barnes and Noble?

It just all comes down to when and where and can it sustain itself. I'm up for re-establishing a meet if we can get one together.
    2008 GG Evo X MR

Where is pleasant hill and where is barnes and noble? And what time is the meet? I am down to check it out. and yea I would like to start up some type of ff/vacaville meet. we just have to figure out what days and what times are best.

Barnes and Noble is basically right across from the Solano Mall in Fairfield; if you're at Solano Mall, you're pretty much near most of the food and shopping in the area short of the local stuff.

Pleasant Hill is between Concord and Walnut Creek. So from the base, you'd have to go to I-80W, and then I-680S cross the Benicia-Martinez Bridge and you're there.

You've also got the Contra Costa meet (actually it's in Concord), the Daly City/ San Francisco (DC/SF) meet, and the Sacramento meet to choose from; all involve some travel of course. I've only been to the Sac meet and it's pretty cool up there.

But we ought to start up a local meet... just need to figure out what works for everyone.
    2008 GG Evo X MR

Yeah definitely! Sounds like a plan to me. There will be days where I wont be able to make it if we make it on the same day and time as I work shift work here on base. But I definitely want to get something local. I figure the city and surrounding areas have enough population to have a decent crown of enthusiasts.

Also another question I have been meaning to ask you local guys. Where the hell do I take the evo for modifications and dynotuning? Do you know of any place thats good?

In socal when I had my previous evo I use to go to tuningtechnologies. Alfred did my 2.3L stroker and sc61 turbo kit and dynotuned it. Is there anyplace nearby here that does the same thing? Thanks again

I've actually been wondering that too.. where to take it to get tuned once the modding begins..
    2008 GG Evo X MR

Yeah I have heard of gst motorsports and speed element. So I am goign to check them out and see.