Page 1 of 135 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Any evo owners in the fairfield area?

Default Any evo owners in the fairfield area?

Hi I was just curious if there were any owners in that area? Valejo, vacaville, suison or even on travis afb. I am knew to the area. I am from socal so hope to meet up and make some new car buddies.

EDIT: Meet this fri nite at staples off of texas near the mall at 8pm if you have any questions where its at just ask.

Default Re: Any evo owners in the fairfield area?

I'm in the Fairfield area. What part of the area are you in?
    2008 GG Evo X MR
    Mods: ???????, Cobb Tuning Turbo Inlet Hose, Perrin Drop-In Filter

I am actually located at travis afb. What about you?

Suisun. Not that far outside of the main gate at the base, relatively speaking.
    2008 GG Evo X MR

Yeah thats not too far. Did you hear about the infineon drag event? And do u work on base? If not do u know where the evo guys meet up at? And what kind of evo do u have? I have a white evo8 mr

I heard about the Infineon drag event, but I'm sitting it out. I actually work for the county, so I'm an uber-wonderful public worker. The lone local meet out here that I'm aware of is the Subie meet; and I'm not sure if any Evo's show up. Because we're basically in the middle, you've got two to choose from: the SF/DC meet and the Sacramento meet. I've gone to the Sac meet once so far since getting the Evo. I've got a gray Evo X MR.
    2008 GG Evo X MR

O nice yeah I am in the air force. So I am an uber-wonderful federal worker lol. So how do you like the new X? I seriously dont know why they put the turbo in the back? But as long as u like it I guess. Have u owned any older evos? I had a evo 9 gsr before I went in the military. But I sold it cause I thought I was going to get deployed. So I ended up buying a buddies evo for a rediculius price. I couldnt pass it up. The 8 isnt too bad I do miss the 9's interior though. At least the 8's came with HID's. We have to meet up sometime and check the rides out. If its cool with you of course. Id like to elarn a little more about the new X's.

Im from the Vallejo area

hehe... as long we're doing something, that's all that matters lol. The X isn't as bad as some may make it out to be. First thing you'd have to get used to is that the X MR is not as hard edged as the former 8's and 9's. Most especially, the TC-SST is a major point on the X; as good as it is, until the limits are known it's a big limiting factor. So long as you play it safe you can mod the crap out of it potentially, but you will hit a ceiling. But the upside: the interior is a huge step up from prior Evo's. Make no mistake, the car is quick; it's still an Evo in the strictest sense and the TC-SST despite the limitations it might impose is a plus. I'll see about making some time out in order to check out your 8 and you can check out the X so you can see the differences up close.
    2008 GG Evo X MR

Hey whats up redevo. Im glad there are some in the area. Im so happy to meet some fellow evo enthusiasts in the area. I thought it was going to be boring here lol. Well shoot if subbies got their meet we have to get a evo meet going sometime.