Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bird poop+sun=No more clear coat..Advice?

Default Bird poop+sun=No more clear coat..Advice?

I got a couple spots on my trunk where i let some bird crap sit too long. Now i have these dull spots where it ate through the clear. I tried some Poorboys polishing agents by hand with no luck. Am i out of luck? Anything i can do by hand?

Default Re: Bird poop+sun=No more clear coat..Advice?

have you tired clay bar the area? try some heavier polish and see if that would work.. What are you using to apply the polish and how many passes?

Havn't tried a clar bar yet. The whole car needs a good claying ASAP. I tried some Poor boys super swirl remover 1.0 and 2.5. Seemed to make it a little less noticable, but still there. This was done by hand with a microfiber, so i just rubbed back and forth 15-20 times with each polish.

But how would a clay bar help exactly? Thanks for your time.

clay bar cuts as well as removing surface contaminant, which helps in removing the mark... keep in mind if it has been there for too long, it CAN eat through the clear. If it's too deep, you might have to wet sand. If you cut through the clear, well, you'll need to re-clear...

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP
    Havn't tried a clar bar yet. The whole car needs a good claying ASAP. I tried some Poor boys super swirl remover 1.0 and 2.5. Seemed to make it a little less noticable, but still there. This was done by hand with a microfiber, so i just rubbed back and forth 15-20 times with each polish.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailAddict
    clay bar cuts as well as removing surface contaminant, which helps in removing the mark... keep in mind if it has been there for too long, it CAN eat through the clear. If it's too deep, you might have to wet sand. If you cut through the clear, well, you'll need to re-clear...

Leo
    I see. I will give her a good rub down with some clay. I usually order from autopia. Should i get the blue or extra fine clay?

there are 3 grades of clay...

yellow = blue = fine
    purple = medium
    gray = heavy = for pros

I see them as well... You can pick it up from me or your local retailers.

[br]

Leo

I see. I will give her a good rub down with some clay. I usually order from autopia. Should i get the blue or extra fine clay?

there are 3 grades of clay...

yellow = blue = fine
    purple = medium
    gray = heavy = for pros

I see them as well... You can pick it up from me or your local retailers.
    I like the website. I'll either order some of that Adams clay or pick up some Mothers from Kragen if i do it this weekend.
    I really appreciate the advice. Have a good weekend DetailAddict!

for how long have you left those bird poops on your car anyways? I'm just wondering coz I have like 10 bird droppings on my car right now and it's been a week (I know I should clean it :lol: )

w w w . TeamREV. n e t

Showstoppin' since 2010

man, it depends on the bird and what it ate! :lol: i have a bird dropping on my car and it was only there for less than 20 minutes and it ate into the clear!

Quote Originally Posted by --anonimuz
    for how long have you left those bird poops on your car anyways? I'm just wondering coz I have like 10 bird droppings on my car right now and it's been a week (I know I should clean it :lol: )

man, it depends on the bird and what it ate! :lol: i have a bird dropping on my car and it was only there for less than 20 minutes and it ate into the clear!

Quote Originally Posted by --anonimuz
    damn birds.. I wonder what they ate :lol: I should clean my car like right now then... I've had some bird droppings on my and left it there for like 2 weeks before and fortunately didn't eat through the clearcoat.. gotta clean my car..

w w w . TeamREV. n e t

Showstoppin' since 2010