Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Clear Coats

Default Carbon Fiber Clear Coats

I was wondering if you can wax the clear coats on carbon fiber. I heard that if you do, the clear coat of the carbon fiber eventually turns yellow and/or fades. Clarification would be great, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Clear Coats

I haven't had any problem with it. CF itself oxidate very easily however. Keep up the cleaning and polish then you should fine.

I was reading up on car detailing.. And isnt polishing when you remove a small layer of clear coat?

yes, polish does 'cut', but depending on what you use, it can be SUPER fine. You would have to worry about clay more than polish.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
    I was reading up on car detailing.. And isnt polishing when you remove a small layer of clear coat?

So would it be clean, polish then wax? And what products do you recommend for the carbon fiber clear coats?

Looks good!

But what do you suggest with claybar usage? Soapy water or quick detailing spray? I heard you can use either or.

don't use soap water, it drys up the clay. use quick detail spray instead...

if you are local, you can pick them up from me. or my retailers.

Damn Dublin would be the closest to Sacramento, and thats STILL far. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the soapy water and claybar.. So when is clay no longer usable? When you cant knead a clean side of the claybar or what? My claybar is still brand new haha but my friend goes through claybars like nothing.

Hey Leo are going to drop by the dyno next saturday I would like a demo of the glass cleaning you were talking about and what are some good leather and suede cleaner products.
    GST MOTORSPORTS|ONI-MOTO|Carebear Powa
    Nov 07 307 WHP & 285 WTQ
    May 08 304 WHP & 289 WTQ