Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Mount for HPDE

Default Re: Camera Mount for HPDE

Quote Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX
    the suction mount idea for the chase cam, isnt that theoretically the same idea i proposed and still not legal for HPDE. Chasecam systems for a camera and recorder is like 875. http://www.chasecam.com/node/116
    I mean if both uses suction cup, wont it be cheaper to just do what i said in first post since they allow the chasecam on the front windshield.
    As I said in my post, yes it is generally the same idea, only a more proven product, for less money, and as I said yes it is outside of the rules but like I said I've used it before without NASA saying anything.

Also, if you're gonna use it at Hypermeet, that isn't a NASA event, I think Wilson would probably be alright with you using one.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. I wouldnt say it costs less money. $875 vs $156. Obviously without a doubt its a more advanced, robust, well known, proven, and better overall system. All im saying is if it does the same function, $156 option is good enough. Im not made out of money, lol.

So 1 says NASA doesnt care or doesnt object. Dave and Rob says some clubs require it to be secured and wont allow it.
    EIP - 308whp/293wtq - 91 - 7/25/07
    GST - 294whp/290wtq - 91 - 8/30/08
    12.94 @ 107.1mph - Sac 9/13/08
    2:10 @ T-Hill top of 5 - 12/12/08

Power:
    Megan TBE--Nisei LICP--K&N Drop In--Walbro 255--750cc Injectors--3-port solenoid--Dyno Tune
    Suspension:
    Muellerized JIC FLT-TAR 7k/8k--Perrin 25mm RSB/Stout Mounts/Endlinks--Cusco Rear Trunk Bar--Whiteline Bushings
    Tires/Wheels/Brakes:
    Toyo R1R 255/40/17--Buddy Club QF 17x9 +28--Ferodo DS2500--S.S. Lines

The suction cup mounts I linked you to are all under $100. The Ultra Mount that I have was $78.

You already have a camera right? Then one of these is all you need.

http://www.chasecam.com/catalog/12/suction_mounts

ooooooo I thought you wanted me to look in to the chasecam system.. Sorry, sorry. Totally agree then, much cheaper than the one i listed my apologies.
    EIP - 308whp/293wtq - 91 - 7/25/07
    GST - 294whp/290wtq - 91 - 8/30/08
    12.94 @ 107.1mph - Sac 9/13/08
    2:10 @ T-Hill top of 5 - 12/12/08

Power:
    Megan TBE--Nisei LICP--K&N Drop In--Walbro 255--750cc Injectors--3-port solenoid--Dyno Tune
    Suspension:
    Muellerized JIC FLT-TAR 7k/8k--Perrin 25mm RSB/Stout Mounts/Endlinks--Cusco Rear Trunk Bar--Whiteline Bushings
    Tires/Wheels/Brakes:
    Toyo R1R 255/40/17--Buddy Club QF 17x9 +28--Ferodo DS2500--S.S. Lines

The chase cam stuff and Goprocamera is pretty cool! I can see a lot of uses for them. I just applied to be a dealer so I can sell it in my helmet store. Thanks for the great finds.
    www.turboevo8.com

Suction cup mount is fine, as long as you tether it to something else fixed on the car. I used my suction cup mount for years with no problems. Then I got a roll cage and got a new mount.
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3" noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

In the race car I have an IOport Racing mount that attaches to the roll bar. It is a great piece and it hold super steady. Very easy to use and adjust beacuse I can just loosen it and slide it up the diagonal cross brace.
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

GoPro, cheap, easy, youtube quality. Only con is sound, and NASA won't let you mount it outside the car w/o bunch of zipties
    09 NorCal NASA TTB #7