Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust mod thread

Default Exhaust mod thread

In honor of the new power mods section I thought I wopuld start a thread for exhaust, below is my set up I dont have the graphs to scan. Please feel free to add yours and perhaps a mod can like the noise clip threads.

I had a custom built turbo back using an RMR DP installed.

Also has a 12" resonater and a CarSound Hiflow Cat total cost $550

My Car put down 270hp/271tq on a DynoJet a gain of between 30-40 hp over what a stock 03 Evo runs on that type of dyno.

oh yeah car also has a K&N drop in, and a ghetto extra ground wire or two.

heres what i got:

WORKS P2 reflash, DP, IP, ABM, K/N filter. sorta like the TR303+ (minus TB)...

before TBE i was pulling 229.8 horseys. waiting for another dyno day to see what the difference on paper it made. it definitely is much more fun to drive.

got graphs, but no scanner and no sound clips.
    Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation as Limitation

just got my HKS exhaust installed earlier at Gruppe-S. flow is much freeier than stock as expected and love the sound of it. up next is probably a DP and HFC by Helix or WORKS.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerboy
    just got my HKS exhaust installed earlier at Gruppe-S. flow is much freeier than stock as expected and love the sound of it. up next is probably a DP and HFC by Helix or WORKS.
    not to knock helix or works but confirm they are carb legal first or they wont do you any good in the ticket dept. If they arent magnaflow and catco make carb legal hi-flows.

i dont think any aftermarket cats are legal. I believe all of them are illegal....

Nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Isn't the Magnaflow carb legal cat only legal on specific GM and Dodge vehicles?

---
    PDF with details here: >> Click me <<

Manufacturer Name: Car Sound Exhaust System, Inc.
    Device: OBD II Compliant TWC
    Device Type: OBD II Catalytic Converter

Series 43000

Selected GM trucks with dual parallel or single exhaust, certified to Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) or less stringent standards, excluding vehicles equipped with a warm-up catalyst.

Selected Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler trucks, SUV, and vans with single or dual parallel exhaust, and certified to Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) or less stringent standards excluding vehicles equipped with a warm-up catalyst.

My last dyno run I got 274WHP 274TQ with the following mods:
    P2, RMR DP, UR TP, HKS 30th Anniv Exhaust. I can post the dyno sheet too if you guys want.

i have not dynoed my car yet, but here are my mods
    dynoflash, hallman mbc set at 20psi, hks dp, works hfc, and helix cat back. car pulls much harder than it did stock

oh, and the works hfc says "for offroad use only" but that stamp is now upside down so you can't see it
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3&quot; noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

Quote Originally Posted by Option2
    My last dyno run I got 274WHP 274TQ with the following mods:
    P2, RMR DP, UR TP, HKS 30th Anniv Exhaust. I can post the dyno sheet too if you guys want.
    thats pretty good numbers

whats UR TP?
    Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation as Limitation

jic ti catack
    perrin cat delete
    k&n drop in
    works p2 custom tune

before p2- 230whp
    after p2 tune-265hp

**dynoed on dynapack**

pulls hard now, boost stays solid @ 19psi till redline
    ArcBrideCuscoDefiEndlessFullblastGanadorHksJspeedKicsMonstersport<br />NardiOrcPowerhouseRunduceSardTakataUltraVoltexYokohama<br />Zeal <br /><br /><br />GODZILLA IS COMING..