Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FASTNDEVIOUS Evo 9 Build

Default FASTNDEVIOUS Evo 9 Build

So, a friend of mine tricked, I mean asked me to help him with his EVO9 Build, so it is in my garage right now. I can really relate to shop owners/workers that they are under paid for what they do for there customers! All the little things really adds up in time and costs. Anyways, Here is a little history with pictures of the build. He came with some supporting mods, but I basically did A LOT of work in a short amount of time.
    Thanks to Speed Element and GST for the parts and help.

The car prepped to get it's turbo pulled out.

30 Minutes later.... Damn this is going really smooth. I think I can finish this today!

Then BAM. ROAD BLOCK! PROBLEMS. He wanted to keep his stock battery to look stealth, so he ordered a set of pipes from some and it did not align up! Not even close. Don't ask me who he ordered it from as I don't want to get into the drama with it, basically it does not fit, there is no way it is going to fit. The vendor seems to think it is installer error. (Whatever...) Here are the pictures: (edit found out that the pipes are for the stock intercooler, he has a greddy which moves the location of the pipes. That explains it.)

Screw it, I'll build a new set of pipes instead of waiting for him to order a new set. It's a lot harder than I thought, so I asked him if he will go mini battery. That makes it a whole lot easier to fab up new pipes. There was only one angle that was really tough to make, but it was fairly easy. All done in Aluminum. I have to say the fitment came out just as good as if he bought them. We will be powder coating them when done.

Here is a side by side comparison of the Greddy pipes vs. pipes I had fabbed up. I elminated several bends in the upper and lower intercooler pipes.

Fabbed a dump tube for the wastegate, always happy to use my ultra expensive welder.... Came out good, better than my own car. Damn it.. He's lucky we have different set ups.

Put the turbo together along with Wastegate, dump tube, Steel Braided lines, 02 housing, all off the car ready to be dropped in. It was kind of heavy...

Finally on the car..

I am waiting on a few more parts to come in. Once I get them and work the the car a few more hours we can fire it up and get it out of my Garage! Stay tune as I will try and update this if you want to follow.

Again Thanks to Speed Element for getting us part at a great price and for the quick response.

Thanks to Tommy at GST for the help in part of the welding.

Update:

Slimline Fan, although not needed at this time.

Boost Leak Test waiting to be done.

Dump pipe & LICP:

Stealth Radiator Bling:

www.turboevo8.com

Default Re: FASTNDEVIOUS Evo 9 Build

Can't wait to get my car back!

Thanks for the help, Dave!

:lol:

A good fabricator is worth his weight in gold!
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!

nice dave!

Nice work.

Dennis
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

Damn, I must be rich cause I am HEAVY! hehehe.

Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwalker
    A good fabricator is worth his weight in gold!
    www.turboevo8.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbfoco
    nice dave!
    Thanks. It should turn out pretty good. It has a sick turbo. I was previously own by some, almost pro racer bjfoco or something like that. hehhe.
    www.turboevo8.com

Thanks Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by DoggDicker
    Nice work.

Dennis
    www.turboevo8.com

Hats off to your skills.
    06 TB Evo IX GSR
    MODS: Apex-i Catback, Works Drop in filter.
    "Maybe" Soon to be E85 powered

10/22/08 Infineon Raceway 13.997
    www.speedelement.com

awesome!
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict