Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canyon Locations?

Default Re: Canyon Locations?

honestly this thread is against "forum conduct" guidlines posted by coolguy949

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...c,10728.0.html

twisty roads are fun to drive on safely, but anything more than casual driving on blind turns is rediculous because you are putting other peoples lives in danger. When it comes to threshold driving, the yellow and white lines aren't all that easy to stay between, and head-on collisions are not fun.... trust me.

However, i'd agree with the defense that it can be safer at night(less traffic and more importantly headlights)

No comment because I do not want to get banned...
    (08 AS X), AMS UICP, BC Coilovers, Advan RS 19's, AVIC D3, (08 GG X Gone) (05 EB Sold)

lol, if you mean you're pissed at me, shoot me a PM, i don't think there's anyone watching PM's. At least not if the person recieving them doesn't complain

I was driving down Calaveras Rd. a few weeks ago and I see cop lights and Im like oh shit he's speed trapping people. But as I slowed down and I drove by I see a AE86 on my right smashed in by a power tower. It was a pretty crazy sight.

Hit up 85 and exit Saratoga, head on up until it turns to hwy 9. Nice cruize up the mountain with some gentle turns to get you warmed up. Take a right on Skyline for a relatively easy drive with some nice scenery. Hang a left on Alpine Road (opposite Page Mill Road). Alpine is where the hard driving begins, even at speed limit, this downhill stretch road gets very fun and very narrow in places. Once you come out on Pescadero Road, hang a left to head out towards highway 1 (I recommend hitting up Duartes Tavern, on the right about a mile before Pescadero hits HWY1 - great food), or you can hang a right to hit La Honda which turns into Woodside and gets you back over to 280. The diner at the top where La Honda meets skyline is also another great place to eat.

If anyone wants to drive up there with me one day, please feel free to PM, I try to drive mountains regularly.

**edit** guess thats not really canyons now, is it.. Well, theres some valleys and downhill, so nuff said :P
    Bye Bye NCe

So why hasn't this thread been deleted yet? :x

Posting roads is a BAD IDEA guys, as th more they are advertised, the more traffic and morons will be on those roads, and that will eventually mean more regular CHP patrols ON THOSE ROADS. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.... :?

- Jason

94 Sentra
    03 Santa Cruz Blur
    06 Some Other Car

Have you seen my girlfriend?

well a place no one has mentioned yet is the Muir Woods back road which leads to Stinson Beach. you wouldnt believe how twisty it gets. left right left right every second for a very....very....very long time. It is about a half an hour of fun just going one way, then you get to come back for another 30 min. caution, your tires will get worn, and if you dont brake or downshift before the constant sharp turns, you will come extremely close to an accident on this road. i live close to it so i get loads of practice. so much fucking fun!!!!!!

my evo lol's at ricers