Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about giving up the car!!!

Default Re: Thinking about giving up the car!!!

What's wrong with the car?
    Hi, my name is Charlie.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to keep it. Keep it if you won't be stressed out and have financial problems over it. Sometimes there are more important things in life than having a cool car, most people posting in here might not seem to agree with that statement but the fact that you made this thread suggests that you agree with my statement. House > car.

I was close to selling mine until I re-evaluated my earnings and found I made a big error somewhere and was making way more than I originally thought. Not saying that you'd make a mistake like I did like that but if you really like the car and you find some extra money to keep it then by all means keep it. These cars are fun and can be hard to let go of.

Sounds like you want to make a grown-up decision though...do what you need and not what you want.

art,whatever will better you in the future,do it.if you think you'll be financially ok with the evo and house,by all means do it.if not,sell the evo,buy the house you want,then later on,when funds say so,search for a evo again and pick it up.evo's are money pits.a hard one to get of at that.with a house you'll be able to raise a family and sleep.evo you wont.
    05' eb evo VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    What's wrong with the car?
    Yeah, what is wrong with it?
    435/371 @ GST E-85

Making grown up decisions is what we should be doing, but if you're working hard, and have nothing "fun" to keep you motivated, you will get burnt up pretty fast. A lot of hard working people who are very successful will tell you that you have to reward yourself with the one thing you love the most. It's human.

Saving for a house is the right thing to do, except I wouldn't do it right now. There are a lot of things that will be changing, and I would wait at least until the next president steps in and has been in for 4-6 months.

My advice would be to stop driving the car hard, have someone who knows what they're doing look over the car, get it fixed right, and just drive it like it was a SOHC civic. That in itself is a very "adult" thing to do.

btw, what IS wrong with the car?
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!

keep the car and look for a different shop to do it right
    2003 Evolution VIII

Ok, I'm curious too... what's wrong with the car and why does it always break?

Good luck, though. I always hate seeing people give up their Evos.

Don't think anyone's asked...WHY IS YOUR CAR IN THE SHOP REPEATEDLY???

Dennis
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

House is a good decision but it will take commitment and sacrifice. When I bought my first house my car hobby went away for
    many years in support of a house and a growing family. ( I drove a Hyundai the most boring car on the planet.) Still was able to go to car events and help friends work on their cars. This is actually good since you see and learn from others people's mistakes in building their cars. Once you put your mind to a decision just do it and don't look back. Buying my first home was a struggle but I am really glad I did it.

Paying off your Evo will show good credit so best of luck in your pursuit of being a home owner.
    '06 IX WW RS

ya... it is important to be responsible. But also agree that you gotta have fun. I love driving my evo to work, cant imagine it any other way. Is that worth stress once a month to me? You betcha!!