Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about giving up the car!!!

Default Thinking about giving up the car!!!

Im pretty sure alot of guys on here have thought the same but im seriously thinking about getting rid of my IX and start saving up for a house. Im not saying that I wouldnt be able to get a place of my own with the car, but it would make it a whole hell of a lot easier without it, especially with all of the goddam problems going on with it right now. If its not one thing then its another and another and so on :x . So when ever it gets out of the shop for the current problem im going to start looking around. I know im going to hate getting rid of it but i think its for the best. Possibly thinking about just getting something small and good on gas, something like a small truck or even go back to a Honda. Who knows just had to have a little rant while im at work with nothing to do. Sorry for the bitching

Default Re: Thinking about giving up the car!!!

wtf that thing is still in the shop????

I thought about it, I'm not going to lie. But I don't have a lot of credit due to me buying stuff cash. I only have one credit card and basically the car is my only debt. So I don't have a bunch of lines of credit. So even if I wanted to get a house right now, banks are stingy with the money and I'm in the mid 600's now. I figure I'll keep doing what I'm doing and save up a bigger down payment and maybe get a couple more credit cards just to have some more references.
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Damn, the guys who are getting rid of your EVO's are scaring me.

I still have payments left for the IX, but investing on one is still one of the best decisions I've made.

Hang in there bro. There may be a lot of reasons why someone is thinking of selling their EVO, but lately, a lot of guys have been thinking of selling their EVO's because of the economy.
    &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br /><br />[quote author=bryan@GST link=topic=31207.msg532273#msg532273 date=1214857352]<br />Ryan gates was only 4 tenths of a second slower than us and all it has is robi kw V3&#39;s, exhaust, reflash and some light motor supporting mods.<br /><br />It has renewed my faith in mitsu. The evo 10 is 100% still a Evo, and a damn good version at that.<br />[/quote]

Keep the evo. but keep saving for the house. The credit market is so screwed up now, that buying a house is difficult even if you have perfect credit.

Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

Paying down your evo loan then refinancing it could be a better option. Also, getting a beater and lowering your insurance by using the Evo as a second car could help.

Saving for a house is a good goal but not driving an Evo would be hard on me.
    Artist formerly known as John
    1992 Galant VR4
    2008 Mazdaspeed3

RIP 2006 GG Evolution IX SSL - Fubar'd by GST
    RIP 2005 EB Evolution VIII SSL - flipped, totalled

^^^ Well Im just not sure how many times I can keep taking my car to get repaired over and over for runnng it to hard, when I can be saving the money for something way more important, like a house. Im not sure, maybe Im just like this way because all of this has been happening just recently in the past couple of months plus things going on in my personal life also. Who knows I guess only time can tell.

what keeps breaking on your car? Is it factory related or mod related?

First thing I want to do is pay down my Evo loan (make more than minimum payments) and focus on my credit score when thinking about buying a house. Keeping the Evo for the time being could help boost your score by giving more credit history and timely payments.

If you have tons of credit history and don't need to keep it for that then selling may be a good option. I just get so much joy out of mine that I think I'd end up blowing MORE money without it!
    Artist formerly known as John
    1992 Galant VR4
    2008 Mazdaspeed3

RIP 2006 GG Evolution IX SSL - Fubar'd by GST
    RIP 2005 EB Evolution VIII SSL - flipped, totalled

Your best bet is to sell the evo or just pay it off but dont keep the evo and get a house, in where we're at right now thats suicidal
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

^^Oh yeah thats what I was thinking also, there is almost no way that I would keep the car if I got a house. If I did I need to almost put all my money towards the house with either fixing it up or putting money away for a rainy day just in case anything did happen.