Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often are you changing your transmission and driveline fluids?

My evo 9 hit 37,000 miles and need a service asap. What kind of service do you guys recommend. I change my oil every 3,000, rotate my tires, and my brake pads.

spark plugs, coolent flush, all fluids tranny rear diff etc...
    GST MOTORSPORTS|ONI-MOTO|Carebear Powa
    Nov 07 307 WHP & 285 WTQ
    May 08 304 WHP & 289 WTQ

400WHP/382WTQ Stock Cams/Turbo/Clutch
    Tuned by Kings Fan/xXx4Reggie
    The Journal Of Lisa

why is it that my tranny starts grinding in 2nd-3rd gear using redline fluids.... i just got done swapping out all the synchros and 5th gear done by sean @ fftec... he recommended redline mt90 but it was really hard shifting specially into these 2 gears so i went with mobil1 75w90 for awhile and it went away.... after abusing it for a feww months now... it again started to be really hard trying to shift into these 2 gears at redline.... wht fluids would you guys recommend... my tranny is basically almost brand new!!!

Switch to OEM fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by e-die209 View Post
    why is it that my tranny starts grinding in 2nd-3rd gear using redline fluids.... i just got done swapping out all the synchros and 5th gear done by sean @ fftec... he recommended redline mt90 but it was really hard shifting specially into these 2 gears so i went with mobil1 75w90 for awhile and it went away.... after abusing it for a feww months now... it again started to be really hard trying to shift into these 2 gears at redline.... wht fluids would you guys recommend... my tranny is basically almost brand new!!!
    How many miles do you have on the newly re-built trans now?

When we re-shim the assembly it's not un-common for things to feel a bit "tight" but in the world of transmissions a bit on the tighter side of tolerance tends to be better than the loose side

Pm me if you still have concerns as when Dave works on these he always keeps things w/in spec but remember that there is a range not 1 specific #.

Also how's the clutch on your car doing and is it adjusted well?

That sometimes can attribute to issues with grinding of gears as well as driver input.......just thinking out loud

By the way i am just starting to post up some tech vids for everyone here to watch......just so happens PART #1 is on transmissions so take a look

http://www.norcalevo.net/showthread....1-TRANSMISSION