Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often are you changing your transmission and driveline fluids?

Default How often are you changing your transmission and driveline fluids?

So my MR has 19000 miles and so far I have been following the recommended service intervals.

But I am noticing a slight grind, very slight, going into 2nd and 3rd. Seems to be worse going into 2nd. It isn't that bad but I'm just wondering whether its just a fluid issue as I've read from other posts.

Recommended fluids seem to vary as well.

Default Re: How often are you changing your transmission and driveline fluids?

i do mine every 10-15k. i use factory diaqueen in my rear diff, and in the front transfer. and i use a blend of BG synchro shift II and redlines for the tranny.....

Did mine shortly after break in period and I'll follow the recommended intervals, but that will change if the car sees track or has been raced etc. Using OEM stuff for rear diff and tc, and Mopar 75w-85 GL4 fuild for the MR tranny.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

I do ever 15K and use the same fluids as SavageEvo8. You can pick it all up from Speed Element. For the tranny fluid, tell them you want to buy their mix (which is the synchroshift II and 2 different redlines). When you do the fluid change, make sure the car is level.
    Auto-x vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCSE
    2008 BSP SFR SCCA Champ, 2nd place Slush Series
    2009 BSP SFR SCCA 2nd, 1st place Slush Series

Sponsored by: GST Motorsports, Speed Element
    Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing, Lubrify.com, EBC

Proud Member of the E85 Army :-D

feels like all the f'n time as i track my car so much but if i had to guess every 1000 miles

Damn, every 1000 miles :shock:

I just did mine at 17k and will be doing it again when I do 30k service

Yikes, I need to do this. I've only had my car serviced once (30k service) at 17k miles when I bought the car. Now that I'm at about 32k, I'd better do a 15k service on the car soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WLopez34
    Damn, every 1000 miles :shock:

I just did mine at 17k and will be doing it again when I do 30k service
    i think he meant every 10,000 miles

I do mine early on my MR. If 1st and 2nd are grindy, it may be cause its cold. Mine does that very little when I first drive it, but after a while it goes away. Get a blox roll stopper from SE does wonders!
    SPEEDELEMENT
    GST Tuned

every 15k miles.