Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

Default Re: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

Quote Originally Posted by zergling
    Hi folks! My search skills are not very good, so let me know if this has been discussed already.

Anyone have/figured out a snowboard roof rack for the Evo X?

This is starting to convince me to just look at an STi, especially with being unable to get a deal from Capitol Mitsubishi yesterday.
    I purchased a GG X SSS for $30099 from Vericom Mitsubishi. Wilson1 also purchased his there for the same price. Capitol wouldn't get within $2k of that price. We've found that the only 2 dealers near here willing to negotiate far below invoice was Vericom and Fresno. You may want to give them a call.

I have a Thule rack for it with 03 Corolla feet, but I haven't done a test fit yet. I got my info from here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=348686

Bryan I'm guessing this is the L-shaped bracket thing u are talking about...

So yes maybe the 8/9 racks fit the X.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Yes it looks like the 8/9 rack would fit then. Just need to make sure the cross bars are wide enough.

btw, you might want to put some clear vinyl between those L's and the paint. It will rub on your paint if not.

Oh okay, thanks Bryan. Ya I don't leave them on either. Only go on the day before and come off the day after a trip to the snow. Only think I'm worried about is the fairing and the aluminum roof....

Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Quote Originally Posted by xbox4414
    Oh okay, thanks Bryan. Ya I don't leave them on either. Only go on the day before and come off the day after a trip to the snow. Only think I'm worried about is the fairing and the aluminum roof....
    Roof will be fine, it's not touching it. I have a MR so mine is aluminum as well, no issues.

I would still recommend putting some vinyl on under the clamp part. You'll thank yourself after the season. If you can find clear then you don't have to apply it every time you put the rack on.

Also since you said u take it off and on during the season, I marked where mine went in the door jam with a sharpie, makes putting it back on a cinch, no need to measure anymore.

Yay for the rack klan!

Hahaha, That's flippin awesome! I'd probably freak out if I came out to my car looking like that. Hahaha. Ya the fairing touches the roof but it has soft squishy rubber feet. I drove at 80mph and no dents or anything... Also it looks like the Thule Aero kit is higher up thank the Yakima as I don't have a need for risers, plenty of clearance for snowboard bindings. How about a meet and cruse up to a resort for a day of snowboarding? Hahaha. That would tight to get a small caravan of Evo's going to the snow.

ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Yea my fairing touches my roof too, it won't hurt it.

Here is a photo with even more snow:

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Yea my fairing touches my roof too, it won't hurt it.

Here is a photo with even more snow:
    I'm glad X batteries are inside the trunk instead of in the slightly colder engine compartment

Quote Originally Posted by Unowned

I'm glad X batteries are inside the trunk instead of in the slightly colder engine compartment
    My hawker genesis mini battery started up every time in tahoe.

Wow lots of replies :lol:

drewm, thanks for the info -- Yohan is on his way to Capitol right now to try to get a deal. If it doesn't work out, I'll give Vericom a call.

xbox4414, I'll PM you if/when I get an X, I honestly am quite clueless which part is what, and what to buy from where.

bryan, I'm in daly city. If I get a hard time, I'll PM you and see if we can test fit it.

Thanks everyone!