Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

Default Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

Hi folks! My search skills are not very good, so let me know if this has been discussed already.

Anyone have/figured out a snowboard roof rack for the Evo X?

This is starting to convince me to just look at an STi, especially with being unable to get a deal from Capitol Mitsubishi yesterday.

Default Re: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

I would imagine it would be just like the Evo 8/9, use a lancer one.

I just checked yakima's site, they have racks for the Lancer/Evo X: http://www.yakima.com

I would imagine if you where searching for racks you would have checked Yakima/Thule already?

Thanks Bryan. Don't know why the heck I didn't think of that. I checked it Yakima and it is quite expensive lol. I've got to search around for better prices

I'm waiting for the Thule one for my X.

Quote Originally Posted by zergling
    Thanks Bryan. Don't know why the heck I didn't think of that. I checked it Yakima and it is quite expensive lol. I've got to search around for better prices
    I would cross reference the lancer one too as sometimes companies offer the same product with the price jacked up for the "premium versions"

I use to have a MazdaSpeed3....got the Thule kit for it and then when I got the Evo found out no one has a kit for the 08 Lancers....so I thought I'd give it a try and well the Mazda3 kit works on the Evo X.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

yea only difference between cars usually are width of the bars and the actual clamp parts.

I reused the Yakima racks from my 04 WRX on my Evo 8 and the only thing I had to change where the clamps (wrx doors where frameless)

Thanks everyone. I'll call REI and maybe even a mitsu dealer. Any other recommendations?

xbox4414, thanks for the pic....now I'm really itching to get a dark grey evo.... :lol:

LOL no need to call REI, I work for an REI. Thule and Yakima have no clips specifically for the Lancer 08 modes. Been there done that. Haha. But like Bryan those kits are pretty much just pick the right load bars, and bases and then get clips that will work. So I found the Mazda3 clips to work and I heard someone say the Toyota Corolla clips work for the Evo X too.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

xbox, do those clips clamp using that L looking bracket and not the hook?

If so I bet the evo 8 and 9 racks would fit.

Where are you located zergling? You can test fit my yakima if you want.