Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

Default Re: Ski/Snowboard roof rack for Evo X?

NP dude. Ya I work at the REI in Concord and setting up a new rack system can be expensive. I also learned what I want and what is the best. I would probably stick with Thule load bars and the rapid aero kit but instead I would get the Yakima carriers. They are much sleeker. So ya hit me up when you are looking for a new rack I'll help you and we can special order directly from Thule or Yakima if you need.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Hey xbox4414, I'll send you a PM shortly.

I ended up with an '08 STi w/ BBS package. While mitsu couldn't offer me a decent APR, Stevens Creek Subaru got me 0% for 63 months. I'm very happy with the deal.....though the gf/wife still wants the Evo much more :lol:

...hoping not to get flamed and kicked out for not getting an evo..... :lol:

FYI I took a look at a yakima rack installed on a 10 last week, same uprights and clamps as Evo 8/9

Congrats on the 08 STi!

Post some pics up! Hopefully NCE isn't full of fan boys who can't accept anyone getting other than a Mitsu....this is a car loving community right? That's why I say congrats on the new purchase! Now you better take it to the track! LOL. Is it blue with gold BBS's? Sammy took one to Thunderhill to just drive in a support car. They are good looking cars. I think the WRX/STi hatch look way better than the Mitsu Ralliart hatch they are coming out with....

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Thanks bryan!

xbox and I have pm'd each other, and we'll figure it out from there.

I did not opt for the classic blue and gold, as the only one they had was equipped with navi, don't need it with the hundreds of choices of cheap portable units out there. Plus the dark grey metallic was more appealing to me.

I've been lurking the evo x specific forums for quite a while now, folks here seem very nice btw! =)

here's a comprehensive breakdown on what you need for the Yakima rack for the X!

Hope it helps!
    http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=48012.0

i just got my roof rack installed today for the X! i got it with the big powder hound attachment (fits four boards) for under $350. pm me for details!