1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Terenus View Post
    Just let the pics burn!
    you.

go away.

~shoo~
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

i miss the old NCE

Just let the pics burn!
    I think maybe in socal where there are less tech and tech related threads with images that might be ok. Norcal *was* very tech related with alot of images that helped the community pick what modifications to do next for their power goals, ecu tuning reference tables that where images, datalog images etc. A bunch of people took a bit of time and commitment to share these images and related tech with the community.

Are you guys telling me you didn't look into how the images would carry over to the new forum? Is this something that was or was not anticipated? Basically what happened is that the move just swept all that under the rug.

Can you not do a global find and replace to replace "[img]" with "[img]"?

I mean, it is 2008, about to be 2009 right?

"Just let the pics burn!" coming from a moderator concerns me a bit...
    Last edited by earlyapex aka jack ass; 12-11-2008 at 11:56 PM.

It's a joke, you know like ha...ha...ha? I don't normally post here so I guess you're not used to my blunt humor.

I didn't know I'm a Mod, thanks for pointing it out.

As for your "concern" I do care.

I didn't know I'm a Mod, thanks for pointing it out.
    Terenus
    Super Moderator

There ya go, now you know.

TYVM!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST View Post
    Is this something that was or was not anticipated? Basically what happened is that the move just swept all that under the rug.

Can you not do a global find and replace to replace "[img]" with "[img]"?
    Not to add any fuel to the fire but that's exactly what i was thinking and i'm by no means a interweb guru but even a computer noob like myself was pondering this while the migration was occuring.

I speak only for myself but the mojority of my time on these forums is not to just BS with people but mainly to read and add technical info and in this day and age you gotta have pics and vids to please the masses.......i thought that was just a given with how savy people are and w/ how much access people have to include that type of media in there discussions.

I can't begin to tell you how many times i search w/ the key words of "pics or vids"

And i'll admit i'm too lazy and too busy to go into all of my old threads that have pics/vids to change the tags.....

I think what is and has been pretty obvious is that tech stuff is not a priority around here. Orginization is not big on the to do list either. I tried to put together a monthly news letter with updates on events, track days, a members spot light with pics and a bio of a member, updates on tuning info and such. When I suggested this do you know how many people responded? 6! None of them mods, admins, or even well known members. The only thing around here is the off topic section, and cashing vendors checks. There's roughly a half dozen members here that contribute to tech stuff regularly. And that's even optimistic.

I don't know if you noticed who got vendor status before anyone else when the new site went up, but I can tell you it for sure wasn't in alphabeticle order that's for sure, and IMO if your not a golden vendor, your word don't mean crap. I may be way off base, but even if so, I'm not the only one thinking it... I'm just the only one saying it.
    Eat me

Bring the site down and do a MySQL query search/replace on command line in Apache.

557whp / 441wtq @ 32 psi - E85
    493whp / 372wtq @ 28 psi - 91 octane & 50/50 meth/water
    415whp / 317wtq @ 23 psi - 91 octane
    «·• no mods, just ninjas •·»

... back up the DB first.

557whp / 441wtq @ 32 psi - E85
    493whp / 372wtq @ 28 psi - 91 octane & 50/50 meth/water
    415whp / 317wtq @ 23 psi - 91 octane
    «·• no mods, just ninjas •·»