Thread: Plans for the new site?

Default Plans for the new site?

So while people are bitching about the new site (including me) I figured instead of continuing to bitch about something we don't know much about yet... it would be nice for the powers that are to explain some of the plans for the new site...

1. What are the visual plans? Keeping the boys maternity wing blue look?
    2. Features. What are the real new features planned that people will actually use beyond the first month
    3. Media embedding plans? Will NCE have video posting in threads capabilities? (not hosting)
    4. Homepage. What are the plans for this? Updated timely? Promotions? Car of the month? etc etc?

Community members feel free to add things, but please keep it civil.

Im cool with ho it is personally. The old look looked like absolute crap, this is just plain and boring which imo is the lesser of the two evils. The search function is actually useful now and tracking your posts is way easier as well. Maybe its cause I use to this format since most other forums use it but Ill take what we have over what we had any day. Just give me a PM box with some actual space in it, not this damn 400 capacity crap.
    Eat me

Ya I would actually like to see a genuine effort to make the search work again. It worked well in version 1.0 of NCE but never as good in version 2.0. If you have to make it "dummy friendly" then do.

Also I know this new site is rough, but if the general frame work of this new site in terms of look and feel is pretty much how its gonna be, then I'm somehwat underwhelmed. NCE v1.0 looked better http://web.archive.org/web/200503130...php?s=socalevo

and so did v2.0. I mean, it looks like the guys from NASIOC designed v3.0

I'd also like to see media embedding, since its pretty common in this day and age of facebook/myspace and we do post a lot of videos here.
    - Jason

94 Sentra
    03 Santa Cruz Blur
    06 Some Other Car

Have you seen my girlfriend?

Any way to limit n00bz from posting anywhere other than the n00bz section for a few days or so? Would be a good way to weed out the people just trying to pawn off their unwanted goods and then take off. With that old 20 posts rule it just made n00bz top old threads from 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Any way to limit n00bz from posting anywhere other than the n00bz section for a few days or so? Would be a good way to weed out the people just trying to pawn off their unwanted goods and then take off. With that old 20 posts rule it just made n00bz top old threads from 50 years ago.
    Good idea, The Noob old thread bumpage to get 20 posts to sell stuff was annoying as hell. That would be a good "improvement" and "upgrade"

vBulletin is a good forum software but it needs lots of customization to be "cool." The way it is now is close to being what Maxima.org was like (regarding features) when I installed it back in 2002-ish with all the neat upgrades. I'm sure there are better forum mods since then.

I believe there's an option to change the styles on the admin side, but you might have to allow it. It will allow users to pick their own color scheme. That way, people won't complain about the colors of the site.

Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    557whp / 441wtq @ 32 psi - E85
    493whp / 372wtq @ 28 psi - 91 octane & 50/50 meth/water
    415whp / 317wtq @ 23 psi - 91 octane
    «·• no mods, just ninjas •·»

So no mods/admins/supreme powers have any information or feedback here?

The whole plan for the site is evolution...

Media embedding is definitely on the list and will probably be implemented fairly soon as it has been implemented on ClubRalliart.com already.

The whole theme will evolve over time.

As far as frontpage and articles, we will be looking more to the community to provide some content too besides supplying our own including features on members rides and also vendor profiles.

We're excited about vbulletin in that is allows us much more flexibility and gives us more options for customization than SMF ever did.

Some of our upcoming additions include adding vbGarage so you can profile your vehicles, etc.

We no longer need or have the 20 post restriction since we can now limit noobz by time if we feel like it, but in the meantime we'll leave it open for now since the registration process requires verification with dual reCaptcha, which means spam will be virtually eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
    The whole plan for the site is evolution...
    Clever...

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST View Post
    So while people are bitching about the new site (including me) I figured instead of continuing to bitch about something we don't know much about yet... it would be nice for the powers that are to explain some of the plans for the new site...

1. What are the visual plans? Keeping the boys maternity wing blue look?
    2. Features. What are the real new features planned that people will actually use beyond the first month
    3. Media embedding plans? Will NCE have video posting in threads capabilities? (not hosting)
    4. Homepage. What are the plans for this? Updated timely? Promotions? Car of the month? etc etc?

Community members feel free to add things, but please keep it civil.