Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What camera backpack?

Default What camera backpack?

Im looking into getting a camera backpack. If it can hold a laptop too, that's a plus. I've seen what Tamrac and Lowepro have to offer..Any other brands out there i should consider? What do you guys use?

2. Default

400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

I have the lowpro slingshot 200 and love it for a carry bag. Super easy to get into and all that, it just doesn't hold a laptop. I have been pretty impressed with almost all the lowpro bags and there's some really good deals on them on eBay right now.
    Eat me

I was looking into the Lowepro compuRover. Or this dakine..http://cgi.ebay.com/DAKINE-bag-Missi...1%7C240%3A1318

kinda pricey for what you get tho. Im assuming Tamrac makes a quality backpack?

You could also consider making your own over the shoulder bag. The only time I bring out my camera with my laptop is to travel honestly. I never thought of making my own pack so now I have a laptop bag and a camera bag.. =\

The Lowepro camera backpack is nice and comfy but it sticks out a lot, and if you randomly go out and shoot you're likely to be targeted by theives and what not. I didn't feel comfortable leaving it alone in the dining hall and we're required to leave our bags at the front entrance due to ppl smuggling food out...

The Dakine backpack you posted looks the most normal and to be honest it looks like the bags my friends have for school. I would be totally surprised if they pulled out a DSLR from it.
    -Ryan
    WW Lancer Evolution IX

I wish I would of went black, but I really do like my Burton 28L Zoom Pack. June of this year I traveled to the UK with this bag full of gear, the bag was comfortable, big enough for 2 bodies, 4 lenses, and tons of misc crap.

The current Dakine and Burton packs are very similer, so just decide on what looks better, and go out and buy it [highly recommend both].

Dakine Sequence that I owned for a bit.

Last edited by BOOSTonHanD; 12-16-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Or if you want something bigger here are the Lowepro Vertex 200 AW and the Tamrac Expedition 7.

^ Thx . I ended up ordering a Dakine Mission Photo. I wanted a backpack, but nothing too big. I can fit my laptop and camera in it with room to spare. Or you can remove the camera block and use it as a regular backpack. Pretty gangsta if you ask me. Appreciate the post man.

holy backpack pockets, batman O.O
    -Ryan
    WW Lancer Evolution IX

Heres a pretty sick pack for the price. If I had the money I would actually jump on this deal, I like this bag a lot.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pho/957037776.html
    Eat me