Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D60 or XSi?

Default D60 or XSi?

With Circuit City about to close all their store and me having their no interest for 3 months credit card, I need to go out and pick up a DSLR from them now! Which one do think is better? I'm highly considering the XSi over the D60....

Or should I save the remaining money and get a D40 or XS instead?
    Last edited by xbox4414; 01-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR
    Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

2. Default

canon.
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

Ya I like the live preview and they have more focus points....is the XSi worth the price over the XS? I'm now leaning towards the XS....

Rota - Hankook - Seibon - APR - Tanabe - Cobb - Nisei - AMS - Girodisk - Hawk - Motul - AEM - Perrin - Ralliart
    ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

Why do more focus points matter? I have 3 on my D40, horizontal. if i want something in focus i just tilt the camera up or down, put the subject i want in focus in the center, autofocus, then reposition the pic and shoot. Can someone explain to me why u would need more points?

Why not? Why do we mod cars for more power?

Yes your way of doing it works....but why when you can use more points of focus? Just why not...

ECUFlash SELF TUNED!

6. Default

every little bit to make life easier

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com

7. Default

"macro work and action work where you want more than one AF point. In macro work (and sometimes wedding work), you have the time to select which AF point you want in focus and that's far better than focus lock/recomposing. In action photography, it's a game of percentages, i.e., you want a higher percentage of chance you'll get good focus but you don't ever expect 100% lock-on. Auto AF selection can help raise your percentage in that case."

I wasn't trying to say that more AF points are pointless, i was simply asking if my method works. Thanks.

Xbox- i just bought a D40 a month or so ago. Im a total n00b, but so far it does everything i ask it to do. The only downfall of the D40 would be no autofocus mechanism is body, you need certain lenses to autofocus with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtsevovii View Post
    "macro work and action work where you want more than one AF point. In macro work (and sometimes wedding work), you have the time to select which AF point you want in focus and that's far better than focus lock/recomposing. In action photography, it's a game of percentages, i.e., you want a higher percentage of chance you'll get good focus but you don't ever expect 100% lock-on. Auto AF selection can help raise your percentage in that case."
    I see, thanks.

I have used the xsi several times and for a a cheaper slr it's really nice. Colors are great too. The lack of AF points on the Nikon are super frustrating to me so I wouldn't even consider the d40, same goes for the 60 if it's like that. I have actually posted quite a few pics here that were shot with a friends xsi, not that it's a good reference since I'm no pro, but they were posted right along side shots taken with my 40D and no one mentioned any difference in IQ.
    Eat me