Thread: Water beading - Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Default Water beading - Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I did a light two stage polish on the car, did a touch-up clay with ultra-fine clay and tried out some new sealant I am testing out.

So here was the steps:

1. Clay with Sonus Ultra-fine grade clay
    2. Optimum polish with CCS white pad at speed 6 on the PC
    3. Werkstatt Prime Acrylic with CCS grey finishing pad at speed 5 on PC
    4. Top with Ultima Paint Guard Plus - 2 layers

I am really liking the Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The application is super easy and durability is incredible! It really takes only 10 minutes to apply a layer of it. Wipe on and walk away. The surface is also super slick and reflective. I applied to the wheels and after a week of driving, most of the brake dust just hoses off! I applied two layers to the car and waited 12 hours in between to allow proper curing of the sealant. It is rated up to 6 months of protection per application... but I would say 3-4 months tops if you drive every day.

On to the pics:

Here's me polishing with the Optimum... kinda a quickie job (applied kinda thick) but mainly wanted to properly prep the surface to accept the Ultima sealant.

Water beading shots... this is after 3 weeks of daily driving, the surface is still super slick to the touch, glossy and sealant is holding up good in the recent storms we're getting.

Car Detailing Enthusiast

look really good, I've been using ultima for a while its amazing.

Hey ZK, I use the Jeff Werkstatt prime also, and love it. But why don't you use the Acrylic top coat they have? That stuff last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    Hey ZK, I use the Jeff Werkstatt prime also, and love it. But why don't you use the Acrylic top coat they have? That stuff last forever.
    I have Acrylic Jett and have been using it for a while now. I like it but the Ultima Paint Guard Plus so far is more durable and takes much less time to apply. Otherwise, the Acrylic Jett has a very nice finish as well.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast

Nice. Great results. Ima throw some Jett on my wheels next time around, thanks.

Oh, another great thing about the Ultima sealant. It seals plastic too.. not just smooth stuff like your headlights - it works on textured plastic. I haven't tried it on the interior... but exterior plastics have been treated and they look great.

They do have a separate plastic sealant product but I don't see why you'd need it as the Paint Guard Plus works on plastic as well.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast