Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cusco cage works....

yeah there was some crazy stuff yesterday...

my first session out (after the above incident) i was lapping with a red GTR and a couple hondas with nasa H4 stickers all over =P

anyways, i got passed coming out of the esses going into the final turn by one of them... no problem, BUT there was a miata turned around facing us on turn exit and a waving yellow

I think his mind was still set on the pass as he didn't react until right before... he swerved at the last minute onto the gravel on the right and the rest of us tracked over to the left to avoid. we were all getting back into line on the straight when i see a dust trail forming next to me.... he was still going at speed on gravel next to me! needless to say I lifted and let him take his pass back

A lot of divebombing going on and two wheels off action everywhere. my engine bay was full of dust/gravel/sand but luckily towards the afternoon people were settling down

does anybody know who the GG CT9A evo with no rear bumper was? i swear on the straight he must have blown by me at least 50mph

Yup,
    Sounds like a typical speed trial event. I did one at BW once and it was the exact same behaviour. Never again will I attend one of their events. Glad you guys were alright, passing under yellows is no excuse, especially for racers they should know better.
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3" noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

Im SOOO glad i didn't go. I would have been eaten alive. Seems like alot of wreckless driving. I also assume no downlaod session after the the 1st session. Really bad track etiquette and safety management if you asked me.
    EIP - 308whp/293wtq - 91 - 7/25/07
    GST - 294whp/290wtq - 91 - 8/30/08
    12.94 @ 107.1mph - Sac 9/13/08
    2:10 @ T-Hill top of 5 - 12/12/08

Power:
    Megan TBE--Nisei LICP--K&N Drop In--Walbro 255--750cc Injectors--3-port solenoid--Dyno Tune
    Suspension:
    Muellerized JIC FLT-TAR 7k/8k--Perrin 25mm RSB/Stout Mounts/Endlinks--Cusco Rear Trunk Bar--Whiteline Bushings
    Tires/Wheels/Brakes:
    Toyo R1R 255/40/17--Buddy Club QF 17x9 +28--Ferodo DS2500--S.S. Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
    Im SOOO glad i didn't go. I would have been eaten alive. Seems like alot of wreckless driving. I also assume no downlaod session after the the 1st session. Really bad track etiquette and safety management if you asked me.
    +1

glad you guys have a fun time though.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt and yes a roll bar/cage (welded or not) is better than nothing at all. I'm keeping track on the subaru forum for some pics of the bolt on roll cage to see how the plates held up.

6. Default

lies! i call photoshop!!

hahaha

i still wouldnt want one...
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

they did call everyone in for a reminder about how cold the track after the big incident.

Honestly, I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with speedtrial but I think the real issue is the type of crowd that they typically have out there the fact that there are 110 to 120 cars. There seemed to be a lot of the younger crowd that didn't really know what they were doing. Also it seemed that offs and two wheels off etc was a very regular thing and not taken seriously. Because of the size of their group, it seemed like there were a lot of people that didn't care or didn't pay attention during the drivers meetings.

2 and 4 wheel offs seems to be a common theme for buttonwillow in general. I've experienced this myself multiple times at club events as well as during the buttonwillow open test. People get used to going over the limit without consequences.

To me, noticing someone else being overtly aggressive and backing off in kind is the most courageous act you can do at an open track event.
    '08 Redline Street AWD Buttonwillow 2nd Miller 2nd
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports | Lee Myles Transmissons of Oakland
    '07 Formula Russell Scholarship Recipient
    NASA TTB #42 2007 Norcal Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
    they did call everyone in for a reminder about how cold the track after the big incident.

Honestly, I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with speedtrial but I think the real issue is the type of crowd that they typically have out there the fact that there are 110 to 120 cars. There seemed to be a lot of the younger crowd that didn't really know what they were doing. Also it seemed that offs and two wheels off etc was a very regular thing and not taken seriously. Because of the size of their group, it seemed like there were a lot of people that didn't care or didn't pay attention during the drivers meetings.
    I agree, it is the crowd they attract. I remember my first event with them I wanted to run in advanced and had never driven buttonwillow before. One of the instructors was concerned about this and offered me to ride with him to see the track before I drive it. I thought this was a good gesture towards the safety of others. Heck, I went 4 off right after magic mountain and came into the pit and they just sent me right out. I don't think I ever saw a black flag for that incident.
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3" noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

those are my friends old SSR's. looks like they held up pretty nicely. forged ftw!