Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant/venting..... Rig shots

Default Rant/venting..... Rig shots

So I read pretty much every import/tuner mag at work every month since I have nothing better to do. I got bored and dcided to go back through some old issues and realized, damn near every featured car has at least 1 rig shot published. What pisses me off is that just about every one of them looks the same. A car shot from one of four angles, turning. Woohoo! Same shit every month from damn near every mag. Now I know my stuff is sub par and that's the reason I'm not getting paid for it, but at least I put forth some kind of effort. There's photographers on damn near every corner so there's really no excuse for that crap. Hopefully the last few serviving car mags drop the rig shots in 09.

End rant
    Eat me

2. Default

i like rig shots.. :x
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

Rig shot??...Is that like a money shot? Or am I reading the wrong mags again........
    '06 IX WW RS

it's a stick attached to the car you put your camera on.. Open just about any import mag and you'll see one. Usually from the front corner with the car turning into the camera. Super blurry background etc.
    Eat me

I never knew that is what it was called before Do you have a massive magazine collection? I am kind of a pack rat when it comes to mags. I still have my first Car And Driver Mag from when I was 11yrs old as well as everything else to current! It's trippy looking at the concept cars like 4yrs before the actual model comes out and some of the concepts features might take 6 or 7yrs before they make their way to a production cars. Sorry to get off topic. Here's a little video I found.

http://www.youtube.com/v/<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWI_6SnRe4c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWI_6SnRe4c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mtsevovii View Post
    i like rig shots.. :x

+1...
    Rafael S.

Ahhh....So that's how they blurr the scene and sharpen the car.
    '06 IX WW RS

just hang out of your friends rear driverside door and you're golden ahahahahahahaha
    -Ryan
    WW Lancer Evolution IX

Well it's one way they do it. About 99% of them all look the same though. The ones that actually look good are rarely/never printed in mags, they are just some guy with a rig trying different stuff. Not some so called pro driving around in a parking garage.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by RgistRdShowoffIX View Post
    just hang out of your friends rear driverside door and you're golden ahahahahahahaha

IMO you get 100x better shots that way.
    Eat me